Stage 26 (Fuck Up)

(A/N let's try to double up on them comments. Next chapters will tell🔥)

WARNING ⚠️ (This chapter contains subjects on eating disorders, depression and drugs. If any of the following bother or trigger you, you are welcome to skip to the "❤️")

Zeena's Pov

I ran downstairs almost bumping into one of my baby cousins

I ran downstairs almost bumping into one of my baby cousins. "Tat tat, put this down!" I say yanking the vase from that bad little boy's hands.

He runs away to go outside and I sigh putting the vase back on its stand. "If yall kids gone be outside, y'all need to stay out there. Don't be running in and out!" Mimi yells from the kitchen as she takes something out the oven.

All the family drove back to Mimi and Papa's house after the service were the food and stuff was. There was music playing and people eating from their plates and singing songs. Looked more like a family reunion than a funeral dinner.

I was about to go in the kitchen and fix me a plate when Jalen stopped me. "Aye, what's the wifi password?" He asks me holding up his phone.

"This is the country side. There is no wifi." I tell him making him smack his teeth and storm away. I was lying, I was just too lazy to go upstairs and find it.

"Yes! You see that? You see that? My boy Richard Sherman never miss!" Dev hits his chest yelling at daddy, Mikey and Uncle Danny sitting in the living watching a football game.

"He needs to retire! He's old as hell!" Mikey yells pointing to the TV and uncle Danny co-signs. I see Skai on the phone with somebody on the porch and Cece laughing with Spirit, holding her daughter.

I fix me some greens, cornbread, fried chicken, corn and Mac and cheese. I lean over the kitchen counter eating and was about to pour me some wine but I remember where I was at. So instead I pulled out a coke.

I bite into my food automatically falling in love with seasoned loveliness. "I put my foot in these greens." I compliment myself as I open up my coke. I watched from the counter everybody fellowshipping together. Family, friends, ex's. Shoot even Cece's Granny Na Na was here.

I took a few more bites before throwing the whole plate of food away, already feeling full. If I took one more bite, then I was gonna throw up. I felt eyes on me and looked up to see Mikey staring at me above his sprite. I ignore him walking back in the kitchen.

"Wait wait, so you telling me that Nana and Rev used to talk?" Jalen asks Mimi who was pouring her some wine coming in the kitchen. "Nah. They was married for three months in college." Mimi explains pulling out two glasses.

"Married?!" Jalen asks in surprise and Mimi laughs pouring wine in both glasses. "Yes. Well that was until he found a doll that looked just like him in her purse with his name and needles in it." She says honestly and slides one of the glasses to me with a wink.