Chapter 8 - The Mistake

Alice's P.O.V

The rest of the party went silent as Tyler and I kissed. I put one of my hands around his neck not realizing what was going on fully. Something clicked in my mind and I pulled away, I broke my promise, I was going to be done with guys for a while. I shook my head looking at Tyler, I went under the water and swam to the exit of the pool. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me putting my bag around my shoulder.

"I'm s-sorry I shouldn't have let that happen. God I'm sorry." I looked over at Tyler one last time and ran out the door. I ran to my car and realized that I accidentally left my keys inside. I broke down in front of my car invisible to the fence and started crying.

Sometimes I just cry with no reason at all, I put my stuff on the ground and put my face in my hands. I tried taking deep breaths but I was hyperventilating instead which wasn't helping my asthma. I shakily stood up and saw Tyler running to the car his hair and shorts still dripping, my heart started pounding as I started to walk away from him my breathing increasing, as well as the pain in my chest increasing. I fumbled with my bag and couldn't find my inhaler, my eyes widened and I was at a loss for breath. Tyler caught up with me the keys to my car in his hands.

I backed up into the tree trying to grasp onto something, anything so I didn't pass out. I couldn't hear anything, Tyler was talking but he was muffled, my eyes kept closing and when I opened them I could barely make out a shadow of Tyler who was standing right in front of him. I quickly grasped onto Tylers hand trying to look at him in the eye.

I whispered, "Help," as I toppled to the ground blacking out completely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler's P.O.V

When she ran out of that pool I don't know what I was feeling, but actually I did. I was feeling stupid, heartbroken, angry, and confused. I stood on the side of the pool putting my hands through my hair trying not to have a major reaction. I took deep breaths until I was calm again. I heard the party resume a few seconds after she left and I swam to the side and saw Michael walking towards me. He had something in his hand.

"Hey, I know you don't want to talk to anyone right now, but she dropped her keys to her car when she left. You should probably give them to her." He put them out for me.

"Hey guys? The girl that was just here? She doesn't look too good." Sky pointed out.

I grabbed the keys from Michael and ran out of the party the gate hanging open. I saw her stand up from behind her car and she was pale. She saw me and her eyes widened, she started backing up out onto the street tripping over her own feet. She was breathing heavily looking like she was going to pass out. I walked over to her and tried to hold her hand so she could steady but she walked further away.

"Alice? Are you okay? I think you need to sit down." I tried talking to her calmly. Her eyes glazed over and she squeezed her eyes shut but they were still the same way but no tears were coming out.

"Alice can you hear me??" She quickly grabbed my arm and whispered something before falling to the ground. Something in my head clicked, my sister had an asthma attack like this. Shit! Did she have an asthma attack? I sat down and grabbed a towel out of her bag and put it on my lap and put her head where the towel was. I grabbed her hand and started shouting to Michael and Josh since they were the strongest and probably the smartest out of all of us.

They ran out and Michael froze in his tracks while Josh wasn't fazed at all. He took the keys to her car and put them in his pocket. Then he helped put her swim cover up thingy on and picked her up, and brought her to her car. I walked fast after him wanting to know how it happened and if it was me. Josh unlocked the car and then put her in on the passenger side and buckled her in. Then he went into the drivers side and motioned for me to get in the back seat. He did all of this in less than 2 minutes and without saying a word.

When we were both buckled in we saw Michael get into my car and follow us to the hospital. I couldn't stop shaking my leg and Josh gave me one of his death glares and I stopped immediately and focused on the girl passed out in front of me. We reached the hospital and Josh handed me her keys and he picked her up bringing her into the ER, told the nurses what happened and they gently put her on a stretcher and wheeled her out of the room leaving me and Josh to our thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------

Alice's P.O.V

It was black, there were specks of white everywhere making out a shape but I couldn't tell who or what it was. Then everything was red. I saw my brother in front of me, I rubbed my eyes hoping that it was a dream, he couldn't be here. I ran over to him and hugged him but he fell right through my arms and appeared beside me. He was pale with dark purple under eyes. He took hold of my hand warming my cold one.

"Why did you push him away Al?" He held my hand tighter.

"I-I swore off guys remember? I wanted nothing to do with them." I started shaking lightly.

"Or did you just not want to get hurt again?" He stepped in front of me, shorter, like he always was.

I closed my eyes tears rolling down, soon his hand wasn't there and I was once again all alone. I closed my eyes once again and I couldn't breath, my hands went up to my throat clawing at it so I could try to breath once again. I felt faint and once again I fell to the floor of wherever I was and blacked out. I woke up with a start hearing a voice that was mine screaming. I couldn't see anything, or it was just really bright in the room I was in.

I heard footsteps come into the room and two people came over holding my wrists and holding them down so I wouldn't fall out of the bed. I closed my eyes and tried my best to relax, I clenched my fists and then let them go. I relaxed and then the two mysterious people let go of my wrists and walked out of the room. I slowly opened my eyes that were swollen from crying. I rubbed my eyes pretending my brother would show up once again, but no, he was gone for good this time.

I curled my legs up against my chest and started crying my hair smelling of the pool. There was soon another pair of footsteps and they stopped right in front of my door. I wiped my eyes and saw a ginger in front of my door. I tried backing up not quite able to see who it was, but the person came closer. As he came closer I was able to see him better, Josh Manuel, drummer of Issues was in here. But where exactly was here? I tried ignoring him and looked around the room to see where I was, in a hospital.

Josh started talking but I held my hand up to try and remember what happened and how I got here. I put my fingers on my temple and rubbed them clockwise so try and massage my headache away. Then I remembered, the kiss, me running, asthma, passing out. I put a hand over my mouth my eyes shutting more tears running down my face and Josh sat down on a chair next to me and waited for me to be the one to talk first but I don't think I could talk at this exact moment.

I motioned for him to go on with what he was going to say before. "Alice, obviously you now know where you are and why you are here. But what you don't know is what happened when you left. Tyler, he's heartbroken, You guys have been friends for almost two months and he can't stop talking about you. You make him happy, I'm not saying you have to date him just so you can please him, but don't stop being his friend because he would NOT stop talking in the car and I know he cares for you a lot but I really wanted to throw him out of your car." I hiccuped laughing lightly but soundlessly.

"Just, don't stop being his friend, for you, and for him." I nodded my head still unable to say anything. Josh stood up and took my hand in his and we high fived him helping me with that since I couldn't move. Just as Josh was about to leave Tyler came in the room the vibe of it changing completely. It was once comfortable, and now theres uncomfortableness and lust. Definitely lust in the room.

We made eye contact, and I knew.