Chapter two

This chapter was beautifully edited by Tryike0 so thank you, it means a lot!

(Check them out on Ao3 as Jasperishere, they have epic fics.)

~•~

    It didn’t take long for rumors to start about Technos voices. 

  Some idoitic castle staff telling others about what they have heard about the prince, causing a chain reaction until the whole town knew, setting Technoblade in the spotlight.

  The kingdom started to freak out at the idea of a curse on the eldest prince. panic spread through the towns like wildfire, people demanding the Prince got help as soon as possible. 

  Techno couldn't leave the castle without getting surrounded by confused townsfolk, all asking if the rumors were true.

  Asking if Techno really was cursed. 

  Phil would step in everytime. Hiding Techno behind his glossy black wings, his expression turning to one of anger. 

  "Don't you ever ask my son that again." Phil would growl, his eyes turned cold and harsh, sending a shiver down their backs. and suddenly the people in front of him would be reminded of why he was called the angel of death. 

  They would beg for forgiveness, explaining that they were just curious, but Phil wouldn't hear it. He would lecture them as though they were kids, scolding them on how wrong they were for asking an eight year old if he was cursed. 

  He would then finish, grabbing Technos hand and pulling him away from the towns filled with so many questions. 

  "Dad, am I cursed?" Techno asked after a similar encounter happened in the town square. 

  Phil froze on his steps, a conflicted look flashed across his face before it disappeared, getting replaced by a look of grief. Phil gingerly put his hand on Technos shoulder, turning the young boy to face him. "I'm...not sure." 

  A look of sadness flickered in Technos eyes, tears threatening to pool over. "Does that mean I'm broken?" 

  Phil's expression flickered to shock. "Of course not! What gave you such an idea?!"

  Techno glanced at the ground inspecting each snowflake individually. "Someone said that I needed fixing, and only broken things need fixing." 

  Phil's hand curled angrily around Technos shoulders. Whoever told his son he needed fixing was going to find his blade in their heart. "Techno, you're not broken." Phil shakily explained, keeping the quiver of anger from his voice. "Just because you're cursed doesn't mean you're broken."

  Techno looked back up at Phil and a small sob escaped his mouth. Phil wanted so badly to get rid of the pain so clear on Technos face. "They're so loud when I'm alone. The only way I can get them to shut up is to train, or occasionally when Wilbur plays for me, they like Wilbur." 

  Phil pulled Techno onto a tight hug, resting his hand on the back of his son's head. "Techno, I promise I will find a way to get rid of your curse if it's the last thing I do." 

  Techno let out a whimpered cry, clenching Phil's cloak. "O-Okay." 

  Phil held his son awhile longer, letting him cry out his tears, gently rubbing his back as violent sobs escaped the young kid. 

  He's a kid. 

 Why did such a young kid, his son, have to suffer? Why couldn't Techno have the normal life we thought he would get,