ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

[Flashbacks]

My body's numb.

I can't feel anything.

Why am I lying on the ground?

[𝘕𝘌𝘞𝘚 𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘋𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘌: 𝘈𝘴 𝘰𝘧 4𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘖𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘳, 7:15𝘢𝘮, 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘈𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘡𝘺 𝘈𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘸𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘬.]

[Flashbacks]

Hearing the ambulance's sirens getting closer and closer, Ashide tried to open her eyes but for some reason, her vision was very blurry. She was only able to hear someone's voice but she can't seem to identify who the person is.

"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸?! 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧*𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘺! 𝘚𝘩*𝘵! 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴?! 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴!"

That was the end of my short and stupid life.

Or is it?

---

Ashide fluttered her eyes open when she felt the sunlight hitting on her face. She adjusted her vision until what's in front of her finally came to view. She stood up from lying down on a dusty couch and approached a brown door.

'Where am I? What's this place supposed to be?'

Ashide breathed heavily and lifted her hand. She was about to knock on it when the door suddenly opened, and out came running are a group of men clothed in black, wearing black hats and with faces all covered in thick white powder and black lipsticks.

Ashide scratched her head as she watches them getting farther and farther.

'What was that all about?'

The girl just shrugged and slowly peaked inside the room. At a corner was an old man, sitting in a chair, with his back facing the door and he seems to be in a middle of a phone call.

The room looks like an office and a library at the same time. It was filled with big bookshelves, with books and papers all scattered at the floor. Then a long office table at a corner where the old man is.

Ashide was weirded out by everything but she still went inside. Though feeling nervous, she approached the old man but she stopped near a bookshelf to hide and eavesdrop.

"... A student named Sanzu Haruchiyo, huh? The higher ups are already expecting him, though I'm not sure when will he die but it's expected to be this year. Yes. I will give an update as soon as we'll know when it is."

'Wait a minute... Did he just say Sanzu Haruchiyo?'

'What does he mean by... die?'

"I'm sure it's not gonna take too long for us to wait for his arrival, with a personality like that, he could end himself without even realizing. The kid might be suicidal, you see."