Part 3, The New Kid

At Homeroom in Jade and Cate's school Ma'am Lyra makes an announcement.

Ma'am Lyra: Class, tomorrow a new kid will be joining our class so I hope you will all be kind to them directed to Jade, Cate, and Orchid and not steal his things.

The class laughs at the last part.

One day later...

Jade, Cate and Orchid go to Homeroom class to see the new student.

Ma'am Lyra talking to the new student: Make sure they won't do anything to my stuff, okay?

The New Kid: Yes Ma'am.

Ma'am Lyra leaves the room.

Cate, who overheard them, thinking: Now even the new kid knows about what we did maybe we can be friends. Walks to where the new kid is standing Hi! My name is Cate what's your name?

The New Kid: Alan Andrews, and you better not be here to steal Ma'am Lyra's stuff.

Cate: No, of course not! I just came to meet you.

Alan, suspicious: Oh... Okay...

Cate: I know that I stole those supplies but, I don't do that kind of thing!

Alan, still suspicious: So then why are you here here early?

Cate: My first class is Homeroom so I went here early.

Alan, slightly less suspicious: Okay then...

Jade walks in the room

Jade: Oh, hey Cate! Why are you here so early? I'm just here to check if I lost my notebook.

Cate: Nothing. I just wanna be early for Homeroom class.

Jade: Oh, okay then. Who's this guy beside you?

Cate: That's Alan Andrews, the new kid!

Alan: Hi... You're not going to gang up on me and steal stuff right?

Jade: No, of course not.

Cate: Yeah, I could of fought you alone anyways.

Alan: Uhh what?

Cate: Oh nothing 😊

Alan, slightly scared: Uhmm okay... So Jade, you're not here to steal things?

Jade, holding her notebook: Nope! Since I'm here, I guess I'll just wait for class to start.

Alan: Okay. thinks They don't seem to be the kind of people to steal things, why would they steal Ma'am Lyra's things?

A few hours later, the classes ended and they're on a lunch break.

Jade, whispering to Cate: Do you think that Alan isn't actually a new student and just spies on us?

Cate, while eating: Huh? I don't think so. He seemed to just be following the teacher's instructions.

Jade: Well then, okay.

Alan sits next to them.

Alan: I don't have anywhere else to sit so can I sit here?

Cate: Okay.

Jade: Why are you always watching us?

Alan: Ma'am Lyra, told me to watch you guys and Orchid so you guys won't steal anything.