Chapter 280: She should be Number One

Ouyang Cen also spoke fairly to his old friends, “Although the title of “Yunyang Ding” is a bit biased, the subject itself is not particularly advanced. “Yunyang Ding” is a famous bronze inscription in the early Western Han Dynasty.

As early as the late Western Han Dynasty, the article has been circulated. It’s so pervasive that as long as you have a deep understanding of Western Han literature, you can write it silently.”

Ouyang Cen is the vice president of the Calligraphy Association and is quite respected. When he opened his mouth, everyone in the field calmed down. His gaze swept across the judges’ bench. Su Xuezhen and Wang Qinghai, who had a guilty conscience, subconsciously avoided his gaze.

    Wu Qu was probably too angry, and said to Ouyang Cen, “You people are a bunch of raccoon dogs!”

<TL Note> I’ve heard of racoon cats, maine coons, but never raccoon dogs.   </note>

    Zhou Buxuan couldn’t tolerate him insulting his teacher, and said angrily, “Don’t spray people with blood!”

<TL Note> Meaning don’t talk badly about people </note>

    Ouyang Cen made a gesture, quieting Zhou Buyu so he woouldn’t get himself mixed up in this.

    Wu Qu knows about Zhou Buyu.  Zhou Buyu is Ouyang Cen’s apprentice, very famous in his own right, and he is the favorite to win this year. When he thinks about all of this, Wu Qu feels unfair. 

He looked at Ouyang Cen and said, “I am self-taught. I have spent twenty years learning calligraphy, and I have a deep love for calligraphy. I have always been groping around in the dark on my own, never looking for a teacher. Because I am an ordinary person and have no access to sophisticated learning materials, I can only copy over and over again according to the copybook.

    ” I don’t know how my writing is, or whether I have the talent for writing calligraphy at all! It’s like crossing a river by feeling the stones. I don’t know anything about the way ahead. I have signed up for two exhibitions because I have no experience, and there is no one to lead me. I didn’t even pass the initial evaluation the first two times, but I am not afraid of failure. I believe that my work will be selected for the exhibition one day! Over the past four years, I have devoted myself to the study of Chinese characters and put all my energy into it. In order to prepare, I could not stop working on my calligraphy. “

   Wu Qu’s eyes swept over Su Maolin and Liu Man, showing the determination to not be defeated.

    ” You people have a famous master professor to guide your way through.  It’s obvious that ordinary people can’t reach the heights that you have. The exhibition is like your home for you. You don’t realize how important this exhibition is to amateur calligraphy lovers like me. It is how I can prove all my years of dedication is worth it.”

    “This time, my work was finally short-listed for the exhibition. I thought I could make it to the end, but your relationship with your dad and teacher blocked my hope. I’m thirty-five years old, could it be that it will take another four years to compete with the next group of people like you? I will never win an unfair fight!”