𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒅 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍

Daisy's pov

Walking through the familiar corridoor of Don Bosco brought back fond memories of all the times I've been here and had beaten the students in debates, 60 second Maths, photography competitions and various other such competitions for the Deo Gratias.
Incase you don't know what it is, let me explain it to you. Deo Gratias is a competition of competitions in which various schools come together with their best students of various fields to compete against each other. It occurs in the Don Bosco just before the students have their Christmas holidays but the schools have to send one of their responsible students which is usually the President or the Vice President of the schools to register the names of the students of their who are participating on each activity.
Now you may have various questions, The first one being who I am. So let me introduce myself.
I am Daisy, Daisy May. I am seventeen but I am already in the last year of my High School.
How? It's quite simple actually..... or maybe not.
You see my parents died in a car accident when I was three. Don't worry there is no mystery surrounding it.
I just provided the last bit of information because many people have a creative imagination( which by the way, I do too ;)) and may or may not make a story full of suspense and mystery about it. But sorry to disappoint you people, it nothing like that in my case.
So where was I, yeah, when they died my godfather got my custody. It should have been my aunt Crystal who should have been my guardian considering the fact that she is my godfather but I was adamant in staying with Papa. Actually I am saying just a synopsis of the story, the actual tale is a lot lengthy and complicated.
Now don't say you don't know Edward Parker because if you do I might have to ask you whether you come from Pluto or not. Come on, the whole world knows about him. In the list of the top ten billionaires he comes third. And I am extremely proud of the fact that I am his God daughter.
Let me tell you some thing about myself, I had PTSD and it actually started after my parents died. And the doctors said that I should be brought to have some friends of my age do some socialising, be engaged in activities and other such things as to distraction my mind from the thought that Mom and Dad are not there with me. But when regular visits to the park, getting me signed in various recreational activities, visits to my seven cousins numerous times in a month and even my preschool friends and studies didn't work, after a bit of coaxing and threatening he managed to get me admitted to St. Joseph's Convent a prestigious, private, all girls school a year early. And I am the President of S.J.C.
Your next question must be why is Deo Gratias held in Don Bosco and not in any other school. The reason is that Westwood High is also a private school but a coet school and St. John Bosco the founder of the Don Bosco organization and also this school thought about how to bring all the schools and with this idea of his, the first Deo Gratias was celebrated in the year 1872. Since then it is held every year, here.
Back to the present, the corridoor are buzzing with students like it is in any other school just before the morning assembly starts. Girls are clinging to their boyfriends, both trying to suck the other's faces. I can't even imagine how they can do these things right in the early morning. I shook my head and focused on the other things. Gray uniform clad students chat with each other, most without any vocaguard. Raw news and gossips are flying around.
When I pass them they turn around stopping their chit-chats and look at me.
I give out a silent huff and mentally roll my eyes as the whispering start.
Though I am used to this kind of stuff and I also know the theory to it: IGNORE and that's what I do now.
Yeah, I know that with my white collared shirt tucked into a baby blue skirt and the navy blue blazer I am wearing, I definitely look out of place in this gray filled school. Come on guys, their is no need to whisper in public especially when the person you are staring at and whispering about is right in front of you.
Ignore, Dais. Just ignore them.
Suddenly the whispers start lowering and I see girls start to check their skins, check their hair by patting their hands on it and brush off the non-existence crease if their blazers and skirts.
The crowd starts to part on either side and stop everyone stop their actions. I am confused but don't even try to follow their actions, instead I just move a bit to the side and carry on to Mr. Stephans's office who is the Principal.
Now I can see, they are boys.
The ones for whom the attraction diverted from me are actually four boys. Must be the popular ones.
I really want to thank them but I know that the time is already 8:25 am and the assembly starts from 8:45 am. I quicken my steps and as I pass them I can see them staring at me.
I glare at them from the corner of my eyes and maybe they will get the message that staring at people is rude. But a quick glare actually makes me stop in my tracks as I catch sight of the familiar caramel blonde hair and light brown eyes that are staring at me with happiness and a bit of shock. He looked like he was just going to say something. But I beat him to it.
"Jim", I said overjoyed and didn't wait for a moment to jump into his arms.