Chapter 16

Dylan has made a doctors appointment for me. He wants to know if he should take me to a mental institution. That's my guess, he's been walking on egg shells around me. Lots of hushed conversations and secret phone calls.

I haven't been to school, I've been hiding in my room. Preston has come over twice already but my brothers send him away. I'm sure i look insane, the idea of showering has not hit me yet.

I haven't checked my phone in days, and Dylan said mom and dad were coming home tonight. I doubt he told them anything, they were probably just coming home because they felt it was time. They would be leaving soon after.

I hear a knock at my door and Dylan comes in soon after. He informs me that he and Junior were going to the grocery store. He asks me if I want to go, but he already knows the answer.

"Preston came by my office today, he was asking about you, he cares a lot about you and so do I, you know that right?"

Of course I knew that he cared. He just couldn't put the easiest piece on the puzzle. He leaves after a minute and I slip into the bathroom and take another pill. I'm almost at the end of them. That scared me, a lot.

With my luck, I would just convince Dylan that I needed a new one. He probably wouldn't notice that I hadn't taken this medication in months. I also knew that Logan has pills in his room somewhere.

I plop back on my bed before shooting up. I had no longer the desire to lay down. I slip downstairs to see if there's any alcohol in the fridge. To my luck there is a beer in the back of the fridge.

I hear a ring at the door and decide to open it despite my being in a T-shirt and underwear with a beer in hand. A young woman is at the door, she looked very pretty, yet unsure.

"Oh hello, I was wondering if Dylan was here. I'm Madeline" she says.

"Sorry, you just missed him" I say as I attempt to close the door, I didn't mean to be rude, but I was half naked and he wasn't here.

"Do you know when he'll be back?" She asks, yet in a very nice way.

"He invited me to dinner" she adds.

It was only five so that either meant she was perky or didn't know what time we have dinner.

"Well in that case, come on in" I say.

I walk to the stair case and shout "LOGAN" at the top of my lungs.

"What?" He comes rushing down the stairs.

"We have company, keep her company" I say.

I walk back upstairs before I hear Dylan mutter something about putting on pants. I didn't care but I did also forget that I was half naked for a second.

I change my shirt for Prestons. It was a lot lighter than mine and I wouldn't get hot. I decide to look for my phone and see the notifications I had.

I had messages from Preston and post notifications from Instagram. That was it, no one has noticed I'm gone. My parents didn't even text me that they were coming home. I throw my phone at the wall and the scream cracks completely.

I crawl back in bed and try to calm myself down. Who the hell was this girl Dylan invited over, I already forgot about her. Did he have a girlfriend?