I

Dept:
A sum on money that is owed or due

•<><><><><><><><><><><>•

It was about lunch time and I was casually walking through my local market. I walked past a fruit stand and when no one was looking, I stole a juicy looking red apple. Continuing walking, I suddenly saw a rather familiar face.
"Shoot!" I said as I turned on my heel and ran. I saw one of the people that I am in dept to. He was a middle aged man, cannot rememer his name though, with a full beard and mustache. He was rather rich and liked to brag about how rich he is to his followers. And were not talking about 100 yen in dept, were talking thousands...

I sprinted off and I guess the guy heard me because I quickly heard the sound of running and shouting begind me. I kept running untill I reached an alley way. I looked up and saw a old drain pipe and scurried up it.

Once I reached the top, I looked down and saw the man, looking very confused. I smirked knowing I lost him and looked at where I was. Turns out, I am ontop of some random house. Nice. I relaxed and watched the clouds for hours.

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, it was very dark. I climed down and pulled out my cheap phone to see what time it was. It said the time was 09:43 PM.
"I should get something for dinner," I thought as I walked through a deserted street.

After a while, I came across a small market with a few stalls. The one in particular that caught my eye was one with an old lady attending it. I walked up to it and looked at what she had on offer.
"Hi, can I please have 1 squid, chopped and cleaned?"
"Of course deary. Anything else?" She asked with a warm smile. I shook my head and waited patiently for her to pack my order. I looked at the rest of the store and saw a picture of who im guessing is her and her son.
"May I ask who is that in the photo there?" I asked curiosly.
"Oh, hes my son. Hes away on buisness in the US. Im very happy for him. I cant say for my other son. All he does is gamble and crash at my place," she complained as she finished up with my squid.
"And by the way deary, you are very beautiful. You would an amazing partner for him!" She exclaimed as she handed my bag to me.
"Umm.. Im sorry but im already with someone," I lied. This conversation was beginning to become very uncomfortable. She apologised and I payed for my squid and left without any further conversation. God that lady was weird!

•<><><><><><><><><><><>•

Hi! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. This story is going to be updated every Thursday.
Bye!
🦑🦑🦑

07/10/2021