text message / 3rd person

*11:47*

As Sparkling finished his coffee, he made sure to catch Herb's eye. When the leafy-haired cookie met his gaze, Sparkling winked and held up the napkin on which Herb had written on. Sparkling then proceeded to walk out, typing on his phone whilst occasionally looking back at Herb, which made him blush. As soon as Sparkling was out of sight, Herb almost passed out. His face was that of Beetroot Cookie's hair and he was dizzier than ever. Turning around to face away from where Sparkling had stood, he squeaked slightly, screaming in his head as if he had won a huge prize. Well, it sort of was a prize for him because he had never, ever been flirted with in his whole 21 years of living. Then again, he started wandering back to the idea that Sparkling was just a player, and was only making fun of him. 

Anxious thoughts of Sparkling filled Herb's head. Even if he didn't want to believe it, it was very likely he was right...  And then, with a small ping noise, his phone woke him up from his trance. Swiping up and inputting his passcode, he checked his messages hopefully.

*Unknown Number*

hello, herby 

you make very nice coffee ;)

Face flushing red, he responded, fingers shaking. 

hii sparky (',,•ω•,,)

sorry if this is like really weird but uh r u dating anyone rn? ('。• ᵕ •。') 

note from creator: uh sorry for super short chapter I'm running out of ideas that arent smut ones so comment ideas for me please

I got a small amount of motivation for this bc I won a writing award at school and my ego went up a tiny bit for like one second so uh sorry for this shit chapter 

also herb come home your mans is waiting