chapter 19

The next morning.....

Akash woke up from his sleep..... stretching his muscles....he sighed on seeing the bed empty.....Charu would have woken up early as usual and Vivan had also picked up the habit from his mother..

He got ready for the day and reached downstairs....

Before Akash saw him,he heard his son's laughter echoing through the foyer of their mansion.

Vivan found him before he could do it,resting his tiny head at his waist..... Akash bend to his level,eyes sparkling.

Vivan had come alive with charu's presence in it....

Akash: good morning baby.  When did you wake up?

V: naanum inniku Amma kuda poojai panen teriyuma appa?

At the mention of Charu he looked beyond Vivan to see that she had been  fixing the dining table.

Vivan twisted his body wanting to run back to his mother and akash let him go.

Akash walked in to the kitchen and saw that Charu was alone, no cooks or servers by her side. He filled himself a glass of water and stood at the edge of the counter watching her place something in a serving dish.

A: why are you cooking Mrs Aryan?chef ellarum enga ponangha?

Charu jumped at the sound of his voice, surprised that he had come in so quietly that she hadn't heard him.

C: actually naa tha avungha la poga sollite. ungha 7 members iruka cooking team ku inniku leave kuduthuten....I can manage today after all it's just us three..

Aprm I have written the expenses so that it would be easier to budget down tonight.

Akash realized as she spoke, that for you he first time since their marriage he was seeing Charu at work. This was Charu as Mrs Aryan....the mother,the wife, the runner of his household.butbHe felt a unpleasant tug in his gut watching her play the role of homemaker

A: it is not necessary for you to tell me about the expenses that are spent in a day.i trust that the money I make is spent wisely.and I don't need you to prove it to me

Charu stopped mid plating and turned to look at him.she tilted her head and her eyes slit as though she wanted to take.the spoon in her hand and fling it at him

C: you know Mr Aryan, neengha solrathu correct ah irundhalum Ada solra vidham irukula...adu Mari vera yaaralayum pesa mudiyadhu... you're incredibly rude

When he opened his mouth to defend himself she quickly continued

C: u know what??

I truly don't need you to tell me how I should run the expenses of the home when you left me in charge for it.

Every penny matters. I know it doesn't seem that way to you, with your incredibly never ending wealth but the more you book keeping on all ends tight the better  in the long run.

She turned away from him dismissing him from her presence but Akash smirked..she was not wrong.

"Is that the economics major in you speaking Mrs Aryan?" He asks his tone light

Charu finished plating the food and lifted a dish.she turned to face Mr Aryan again but he had walked up to her end of the counter and slowly he lifted another dish.

" Yes it is. It's better to be safer and smarter now than to regret your losses later when it could have been prevented" she answered with him following her out of the kitchen

They placed the food on the table and he took a seat grabbing Vivan to sit with him.

Charu sat down opposite them and was happy to let her husband take charge of ensuring that Vivan finished his plate.