13 - [𝙃𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙣]

𝘎𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘢 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧,
Hunter by her side as they watched guests walked down the stairs, passing by the guards who watched the procession in silence. It had been too long since the two teens had openly talked, Georgia refusing to tell her real feelings to Hunter, the boy worrying about her silently.

"Darius is looking overly dressed as usual," Hunter joked, whispering to the girl by his side to pull a reaction out of her. She let out a small laugh as Hunter could tell it lacked real emotion. 

Hunter frowned before returning his gaze straight ahead, the guests walked through the area, before surrounding the pit of blue flames, halting as Kikimora began her speech.

They were going to talk later.

"The Day of Unity approaches where we'll celebrate the purification of magic under the coven system, just as the Titan intended," Kikimora faced the guests as they smiled, Belos watching down on them as the two Guards stood by his side.

"As heads of the nine covens, we celebrate your efforts to complete this plan." 

The coven leaders smiled. 

"For this, you have earned a glimpse of the reward that awaits."

"Step forward," Belos held a hand out, the members pulling their coven symbol medallions off as they placed it on the brim of the fiery pit, their colours swirling as the flames grew, the coven head's eyes all glowing white as a vision appeared in the flames.

A skull lay in the forest as its eyes glowed yellow, a blinding light flashing before an eclipse rose in the sky, the skull now amongst a human city, the vision ending.

"The larger your covens grow, the more power we have to unite our realms." Belos' voice bounced off the walls. "Where the worthy shall inherit a utopia free of wild magic."

Belos was cut off by a cough, the man grunting as he clutched his chest, Georgia rushing over to her father as she lead him out of the hall and into a room, Kikimora following behind before Hunter held a hand out.

"No, stay here," The Guard spoke, not looking at her. "She can handle it alone."

Kikimora hummed, frowning as she was stuck by the Golden Guard's side, annoyed by his presence as the Emperor and his daughter were now out of sight. 

The Emperor fell to his knees, grunting in pain as his form began to shift. A beast screeching from his wake as it punched a wall, a dark and slimy substance left behind as Georgia looked away, slightly scared while watching the shadows in silence.

Once the whole display was over, the Emperor's hand finally morphed back into his fist, pulling his hand away from the liquid as he placed his now-cracked mask back on, a dark green liquid leaking out. Georgia walked towards him, a witch's staff in hand as the man snatched it, the girl shaking slightly.

He then began breaking the piece of wood as a green essence came out, Belos breathing it in deeply, while his eyes glowed green before turning into an electric blue, the man sighing in relief, dismissive of the staff that had completely crumbled into ashes in his hands.

"Little One, I need more," Belos rasped, Georgia shuddering slightly. "We will begin an extraction after the meeting is over, but I need more palismen."

"Father, that was the last... from our reserves," Georgia hesitated. "I-I could try to find more palismen, if only you just let me out the palace walls!"

"Georgia, you know you are forbidden from leaving!" Belos hissed. "How dare you bring it up in a time of need."

Belos' eyes glowed blue, the girl flinching under the mask before backing away slightly, clutching her arms under her cloak.

"I apologise, Father," She muttered. "I will not do that again."

"Good," Belos rasped before coughing slightly. "Go, get Hunter. I'll need him to find more palismen."

Georgia frowned under her mask before nodding, walking towards the door as Belos eyed her from behind, eyes glowing blue.

"Oh, and Little One?"

Georgia glanced behind her, halting as she placed a hand on the door. Belos nodded as unease settled in her stomach.

"Yes, Father?"

"Don't cross the boundary again, understood?"

"...Yes, Father."

The girl left the room, Kikimora perking up as Hunter turned to face the girl, Georgia walking towards him. She stood back in her position, not saying a word as Kikimora and Hunter eyed her curiously, Georgia's blank stare straight ahead.

"The Emperor would like to see you, Golden Guard."

Kikimora brushed off the voice crack from the girl, frowning as Hunter glanced back at Georgia, soon walking off. He was definitely going to talk to her later.

The boy gently shut the door, facing Belos as the older male held his hand out to the Golden Guard. Hunter walked towards the Emperor, unease settling in his stomach the closer he got.

"Hunter," Belos began, placing a hand on Hunter's shoulder.

"Yes, my liege?"

"The Nightguard had informed me of the lack of palismen in our reserves," Belos hummed. "I trust you to find more."

"Yes, my liege," Hunter nodded, turning around to leave.

"And make sure that nothing goes wrong, understood?"

Hunter nodded, soon walking out as Kikimora quickly pulled herself away from the door as soon as she heard footsteps nearing.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Kiki," Georgia muttered, keeping her gaze trained on the guests while Kikimora cleared her throat, her eye darting around.

"Whatever do you mean, ma'am?" She queried, playing innocent. 

"If you get in trouble, Kiki," Georgia's golden eye glowed slightly through the mask. 

"I won't be there to help you this time."

Kikimora gulped slightly, Hunter walking out as he passed the two, tilting his head at Georgia as she nodded.

"Kiki," She glanced down at the demon. "Keep an eye out for the guests."

Georgia then walked out, leaving the hand demon with the guests as their eyes continued to glow, sharing the vision of the new world. The two Guards were now gone as the Emperor hobbled back to the throne, staring at them with a glowing eye.

hello all! sorry for the late updates :') I've been lacking inspiration and honestly with owl house being on hiatus, I've gotten into another fandom that i actually really enjoy. so I'm really so so sorry if the updates are slow!

but anyways, thank you all so much again for reading, and i hope that you all have a wonderful week or day/night ahead!

-sam