05.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY FUCKING ADVICE OF YOURS, I WANT MY SISTER BACK!" Monika yelled at the officer, whom they hired to find out Mallika. From childhood, she knew her and she was like a younger sister to her. It had been two weeks since they couldn't find her whereabouts. Now they became restless.

"Last try. That old mansion." the inspector declared looking at everyone.

"That's of no use, sir. We already searched there. The key is with us all the time. If there is anyone, how on earth do they lock it by outside? And I don't think who kidnapped her would be that foolish to hide her there." Siddharth left a sigh.

"But Mr. We've been searching everywhere for so long, but we haven't found her yet. Now it's our only chance." said the inspector calmly.

"Please, then go there. Sir has a point. What if he's more clever?" said Mr. Prasad as they all nodded positively.

"Then let's go!" They all headed towards the mansion with the full police force.

When they reached they noticed the entrance door was locked as usual as they left it when they last came.

They walked over to the big house. As the inspector ordered the other police to cover the area. He hushed them and tried to hear by putting his ear on the door.

And to their surprise, a short noise was coming from inside which meant there was someone.

"It might be some rats."

"Shh... no..."

"Let's break the lock, carefully."

They took out a hard rock from there and broke the big iron lock.

They barged into the house quickly in an alarming state and the inspector raised his gun firmly.

But the whole mansion was empty with not a single trace of human.

"M-my gut saying, Mallika is he-here. I can smell the Jasmine scent of her hair." Monika exclaimed, her voice quivering in fear, excitement, and anticipation.

Inspector instructed them all to go and search in different directions. They nodded and strolled to their path.

Whereas Siddharth, who was about to go to Sumedh's cabin, noticed a running figure was coming in his direction.

Before he could decipher who was, that person bumped into him very hard and they both stumbled back due to the impact.

Siddharth's eyes widen to see Mallika in a vulnerable condition– panting for air, messy hair, dark circles covered under her eyes, she looked terrified of something.

"Mallika!" Siddharth spoke shaking her shoulder.

At first, she flinched, and next when noticed it was his, she clung to his chest and started sobbing vigorously.

He cooed and tried to comfort her as her sobs became even more louder. Mallika wasn't in a condition to speak or explain them anything, so he somehow managed to drag her body to the main entrance, looking for his companions to inform he found her.

"Leave.her." A voice came from behind as they froze in their places.

Mallika's breath hitched as they both turned to see a furious Sumedh was standing there with a sharp knife in his hand.

Mallika gasped as she stood in front of Siddharth.

"Don't you dare to do anything foolish!" she warned him.

"Oh my darling, don't worry I'll never harm you. I'll just cut that bastard's hands in several pieces, where he holds you." in a blink of an eye he pointed the knife at him and threw it across his forehead as blood splashed over her whole face.