★CHAPTER 2★

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

THE NEXT DAY THEY All stood in front of the large building that housed their dorms, with their suitcases, backpacks jackets held in their hands. "So we got everyone?" Luna asked.

"Yup!" Brooklyn answered.

"Blake, Luna, Travis? Me and Brooklyn...Okay, all here, ready to go!" Eliza yelled. She was a bit of a control freak. Everyone was so excited to finally leave the place for a bit, Luna was having a full on mini-party. Travis was just staring at her.

"Okay, we have to split up- the cab wont fit us all," Blake glanced around. "Me, Brooklyn and Eliza can go in one. You guys can go with the luggage." He continued. 

Luna tried not to groan- this was going to be a long ride.

...

In the cab...

The silence was killing both Luna and Travis, and they knew it. You couldn't cut the tension in there with a knife. The cab driver kept glancing back at them and groaning.

At one point, Travis tried to bring up Luna's favourite video game. But she just ignored him. It was starting to look more and more unlikely that Luna would ever speak to him again- at least not when they weren't with the group. The breakup really got to their friendship too, Travis was doubting that she still liked him, when he had been so sure earlier...

...

In the second cab...

"You know you probably killed them Blake," Eliza told him.

"Ya. You gotta stop shipping them Blake... they broke up, get over it..." Brooklyn rolled her eyes

Blake was shocked "Brooklyn...do you...like-"

"NO! Of course not...I couldn't do that to Luna..." She didn't even know for herself, she wanted to figure it out first. At least that's what she told herself...

Blake wasn't very convinced, "If you say so..."

"I do say so."

Blake and Eliza shared a secret look behind her and mouthed "She definitely does!" Blake laughed, but Eliza was not happy.

"That'd be like Huna," she mouthed because Eliza loved to read. No one had any idea what she was talking about half the time.

"What?" Brooklyn pondered

"Harry Potter and Luna Lovego-oh for god's sake," she crossed her arms and stared out the window.

Blake shrugged, he really didn't get girls.

...

When they arrived in the airplane, Travis completely acknowledged Luna didn't like him anymore- or tried anyway. It didn't make it any less depressing. He stared out into the clouds as the rest of the group were mumbling and laughing in the background . That's when he thought of a plan...

"Brooklyn, can you come for a second..." Travis smirked

Brooklyn jumped out of her seat. Blake raised his eyebrows at Brooklyn as she rolled her eyes, Eliza then whispered into Blake's ears "I totally don't ship!"

"So?" Brooklyn asked as they stood behind the curtains in first class "What did you want?"

She stared right at Travis

"This sounds weird but..." Travis wondered to continue

"Go on..." Brooklyn laughed while playing with her hair. Travis was terrible at knowing when a person likes him, so he didn't catch on to that. (A/N idiot. Aka me- moving on)

"Okay, will you date me?"

She gasped, her heart pounding against her chest... 

"But like...not real of course, I want to make Luna jealous..." Travis cut in hurriedly.

Her heart sank... But she knew if it made him happy she was willing to do it. "Okay!"

They got back to their seats fake flirting, "Eww ... ima puke" Eliza imitated throwing up. Travis looked over and noticed Luna starting with a jealousy. That's when he knew it was working, He whispered into Brooklyns ear as she got butterflies in her stomach "lets make her more jealous."

Travis grabbed Brooklyn's arm and pulled her in. Their lips met... She brought her hands up to his shoulders and his went through her hair. That's when he panicked. HE LIKED IT! The rest of the group gasped "ooooooo" But Eliza screeched; 

"AHHHH IM GONNA DIE SOMEONE SAVE ME! GET A ROOM, EVER HEARD OF IT?"

He was starting to blush as Luna got out of her seat "I'm going to the bathroom." She held back her tears and scolded herself- she would never cry over a boy. But something about this one broke all her walls.

"Travis, I'm so sorry !" Brooklyn sighed, and she actually meant it .

"Don't worry its fine " He blushed again and they sat back as Blake sat their full of shock and did not comprehend anything. He shook his head with bulging eyes and sat back "Dammit. I'm living in a full on rom-com." 

Travis had to admit, he was scared. It felt like his life was a soap-opera, or a romance novel-and it had felt that way since last week, after the incident.

He held back his own tears as the plane started to land-it was hard, but he'd sworn to himself he'd never cry.

The four months he'd spent with Luna had been the best in his life-and those moments with Brooklyn nearly matched that. He knew what was happening, he wasn't THAT oblivious.

Travis was crushing on two girls.

He wasn't supposed to like two people, that was Brooklyn's job-who was, ironically, one of the said two people.

Travis's mind wandered to that horrible day at the bar-the worst he'd ever endured. He hated the world that day, he hated Melissa Robins for throwing the damn party and inviting them all. He hated the barkeeper, for giving him so many drinks. He hated the stupid bed, for luring him in.

He hated everything. He was so frustrated he pulled his black hood over his head and silently screamed...

Travis pulled his seatbelt together as the plane was to descend soon. Next to him, Blake lay back with his headphones in and his seat-belt unbuckled. Behind him, Brooklyn and Luna sat in a silence even more awkward then the one he'd sat in with her in the car. 

But Brooklyn wouldn't stop blushing, and Luna noticed that...

The pilot's voice rung through the speakers:

" Attention please-we will begin to descend now. Mr Blake Wright, put in your seatbelt. You were asked five minutes ago. " The whole group laughed and started to forget about the drama as Blake imitated punching the speakers as he put his seatbelt on. 

...

[Written: December, 2020

Edited: September 30th, 2021

Published: February, 2022]