★CHAPTER 3★

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

IN THE CAB On the way to the resort, Travis fell asleep, and dreamt of the first time he met Luna, her haunting smile, that little room he never saw again – 

Travis was  lost. It was his first day at the university-well the day he arrived anyway. His stuff had been taken earlier, but he couldn't find his room.

Taking a random guess, he pushed open the door to the right.

What he saw was definitely not his room. Piles of boxes were stacked everywhere, and the room was dusty. There was no bed, just an easel, with a canvas propped up on it, and a wooden stool. Sitting on the stool was a girl, maybe 17 or 18, with curly dark hair -dressed in a paint-splattered white shirt and ripped jeans. She was drawing something on the canvas, her legs were crossed and she looked comfortable.

She didn't even turn around, "who are you?"

"Travis Torres," Travis answered awkwardly-he pointed at the sketch, "that's, um, good."

"Helps me think," the girl shrugged, putting down the pencil and swinging around to face him, and Travis saw that she had startling stormy grey eyes.

"Bout what?"

"Life, this. Anything really," she smirked, "what are you doing here-stalking someone?"

Travis had no idea how she'd come up with that but he went red anyway. "N-no."

Before she could answer, a female voice rang through the speakers.

"Will Luna Kianna Martinez come to the Dean's office for letting loose a bottle of tear gas in the cafeteria, please? " the women-the receptionist obviously-sounded like she was trying not to laugh. "That's my cue to run," Luna smirked up at Travis, "it was nice meeting you."

Then she was gone.

...

And Travis woke up with a jolt, sweating. He could feel tears brim his eyes-so much had changed since then.

Travis then stared at Luna, sketching in her sketchbook. He couldn't make out what it was, but it looked depressing. A jolt of guilt flooded through his mind as he sat back, but he forgot about it when he saw Brooklyn joking around and laughing about with Eliza, Eliza was spreading cake-paste all over her Brooklyns face and Brooklyn was laughing hysterically as she was trying to get it out of her hair .

He immediately blushed and laughed along, throwing more paste on her face and giggling . When it all calmed down he realized it was extremely hard trying to not like Brooklyn and he kept slamming his face against the cab-wall and became frustrated .

"What's up with you, Travis?" Blake pondered, after looking at him twice. 

"WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED!" Travis screeched , he then turned back to everyone in the cab staring at him-including Luna-which was weird because she never looks up when she is drawing.

He giggled "Hi everyone, eh, I mean Salut, um no, Hola! shoot, Ni how..." He said with a strong american accent. "Wait, Eliza, you read books! What language do they speak here?" 

Eliza responded with a dead face "Travis, this is Alaska, we're still in America idiot!" 

He then giggled "Right," Then sat back in his seat awkwardly sinking down with a red face. The next thing he did was stare at Brooklyn laughing at him , He shook his head with a smile and crossed his arms.

The guy slept AGAIN, don't blame him, the drive was 6 hours long and when I tell you this, I really mean it. That guy could dream!

And so he dreamt again about when he first met Brooklyn;

...

It was a Monday morning and he was walking by the grassy areas of the college a couple weeks after he first arrive, when he saw a girl with soft dirty-blond hair , a bit past her shoulders with green-blue eyes wearing a polo shirt and a Harvard sweatshirt, paired with a plain white tennis skirt and nike shoes. He immediately blushed – Which was something he did often – He pulled back his hair stiffing up as he ran over to her 

"Hi , you dropped your book !" Travis exclaimed.

"H-Hi," She blushed too.

"Here," Travis then gave her her books nervously, something about her was slightly intimidating.

"You do Biology?" as he read from the books he picked up

"Yeah," she frowned sideways

"Heard that's a hard subject!" Travis laughed back

" Ya, it was, but it's fine once you get used to it" She giggled nervously pulling the books under her arms.

"Ya, same with Torts," he sighed again "What are you studying?"

"Oh i'm actually studying Medical, I thought-" He couldn't her anything she was saying anymore, he blacked out just staring at her "

What seemed like eternity later he came back again

"Are you okay ?" She helped him up 

"Wait what the - why am I on the floor!?" as he rubbed of mud from his shoulder

She then hysterically laughed "Hah, some guy hit you with his rugby ball, you better?"

"Uhm , yes , yes I am , umm thank you!"He giggled

"Ok well I have a Class to catch" She said nervously playing with her hair -Which was also something she did a lot -

He then blushed "Okay , um, catch u later..."

The last thing he remembered from that dream was her smile walking away...

...

"WAKE UP!" Luna was tugging his shirt...which was ironic since he was just dreaming about Brooklyn, it's like she knew... 

"Were here, finally!" Eliza screamed.

Everybody left the car to be amazed by the resort Brooklyn's dad booked for them...  

...

(A/N) Reading back at the dream parts we are cringing very hard. Ten months ago us were very cringe writers. Sorry! Well, the one your probably reading now is the edited version of that. Later today we will change those parts . Ill add a check here when it's changed. 

[Written: December, 2020

Edited: September 30th, 2021

Published: February, 2022]