ch. 8

"jiyeon!" jeongwoo's voice echoed in the deserted school hallway. classes ended two hours ago but jiyeon stayed late because she had to study for her finals, whilst the basketball team were still practicing.

"hmm?" jiyeon hummed not bothering to look up because she felt a presence next to her which she assumed jeongwoo.

"why are you still here?" he asked.

"finals." she answered shortly.

"oh, you have a very clean handwriting." jiyeon was startled at the deep voice she heard, making her head turn and saw haruto looking at her notes, fascination evident on his face.

"i didn't ask for your input." she answered but haruto just stuck his tongue out.

"how did practice go?" she asked jeongwoo.

"it was fine! haruto couldn't play properly today. he was losing his balance a lot of times, so we had to bench him. it seems that his foot injury still hasn't healed." jeongwoo told her and continued talking about their basketball practice. jiyeon looked as haruto who shrugged with a sad smile on his face.

jiyeon sighed.

"ah! by the way, haruto and i are going to their house to have dinner. wanna come?"

"jeongwoo, you can't invite someone if it's not your family who's hosting the dinner." she deadpanned.

"psh! i'm sure auntie won't mind. right, haru?" jeongwoo looked back at haruto.

"ah. my mom would probably mind her." haruto mockingly pout at jiyeon.

"yeah, i am not going." she said and started walking away but haruto stopped her while laughing. "i was just kidding. i was just kidding. airi would love to meet a new face."

"airi?"

"his sister." jeongwoo answered.

"you have a sister?" jiyeon asked haruto and he nodded.

"haru, can i drive your car?" jeongwoo asked haruto. haruto gave him his keys as jeongwoo happily jumped to his way to the parking lot to get haruto's car.

"you haven't told him yet?" jiyeon asked.

"i told you i can't."

"you're such a coward. i'm sure he'll understand, haruto. is it getting worse?" she asked. although she was not showing it, but she was worried for haruto.

he nodded. "i don't think it would last a bit longer than i expected haha" he sadly chuckle.

"this is not a joke, haruto. please just don't force yourself too much."

"aye. are you worried about me?" he wiggled his eyebrows. jiyeon who was obviously not in the mood to kid around acted as if she was going to hit him and as reflexes haruto dodged while laughing.

"give me more time. i'll tell him soon." he assured her. jiyeon looked at him before sighing in defeat. "it's your life." she told him and just in time jeongwoo started honking the horn of haruto's car.

"get in, losers. we're going shopping!" jeongwoo chuckled at his own mean girls impression. haruto shook his head and tapped jiyeon's shoulder as a sign for her to follow him to his car.