Chapter 8: Conquering The Indifferent

Author's Note: 800(+) views. Thank you! :) There's only 2 chapters left and the Epilogue is still in debate. Forewarning, what happens later on, in this chapter, will not affect Larry. Promise. I hope you all enjoy x

Harry's Point Of View.

"Harry, you have to tell me what's bothering you. I know it's something beyond therapy and all. I just can't wrap my head around it, until you tell me." Liam stopped by this morning and he's been begging me to tell him what's wrong. I stirred my tea, cup sitting on the islander, but none of it has been touched. Honestly, I don't know what to tell him. Talking about it would only trigger me to feel that pain I felt the moment Louis' hand left mine. It was nothing near the best feeling in the world and it left me feeling hollow and unwanted. I guess I never really thought about the consequences of my actions, until I was hit with, not one, but two doses of reality. How did it go from a small conversation about various cakes to me drowning in my own sorrow and self-pity? I felt Liam's hand on mine, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb, soothingly. "Harry, please?" His stare had a hold on me. It's hard to deny someone who just wants to help and be there.

"I think Louis doesn't want me in his life anymore." I stated. My voice was low, merely a whisper. My throat feels dry, dry from all the crying I did last night. That was the point of the tea, to help me heal, a bit; however, it just won't do.

"What makes you think that?" He asked, curiously. I let out a sigh, then stopped my tea. I rested my elbows on the islander, then tucked my hands under my chin.

"Because...I had been ignoring his calls, a bit." I mumbled. I caught a glimpse of Liam's face, before I allowed my head to hang low. I knew he would feel some sort of disappointment. Who wouldn't? Louis allowed me to come into his life, opened up to me, and we even kissed. He probably thought I was using him or didn't feel the same way he did. That wasn't the case though. I've just been beyond selfish. "He, um...stopped by the bakery few days ago. He really let me have it, Liam." I chuckled, though I didn't find it humorous at all. I guess the thought of being put in my place, when I knew I deserved it, is what made me laugh. He had every right to be mad. "Would it be wrong timing, if I said I love him? I mean, now...confessing it to you."

"Well, though it exists, I would hate to think there's a right and wrong time; but that's how it is. If you wait too long to tell him, when he decides to move on, those words may not be as affective." It scared me to think of someone else making Louis happy, or someone else kissing him. At this rate, anyone could probably give him more than I did. Knowing myself, and how I feel, I would even wait for him. Whether he moved on tomorrow, stopped talking to me, erased my existence from his mind, and so-forth, I would still wait. " I know I said I wanted to use this day to hang out, you and I alone, but I kind of thought of a better idea. I spoke to Zayn yesterday - " I rolled my eyes, causing him to stop mid-sentence. "As I was saying, I spoke to Zayn yesterday and we agreed that he would let us use the pool."

"W-why?" My hands trembled, slightly. The thought of it was enough to nearly send me on edge. After all, that was where it started.

"Because I want to help you get over your fear." He smiled, weakly.

"Sounds a bit crazy, mate."

"I know, but I think it's worth the shot. None of us know for sure if it's a temporary thing or permanent, but you'll never know if you keep trying to run from it." He had a point, a point that I hated very much, at the moment. Since my little experimenting in the tub, I have refused even the thought of doing that ever again. Luckily, my body doesn't reject showers. I don't feel so suffocated because they're just small sprinkles; whereas a bathtub is a large amount, in comparison. I don't think a swimming pool will make the situation any better.