1

"Ok, if you find this tape, keep it safe. I don't know if he'll let me live.

My name is Jung Minyoung. I'm 16, and... I had a boyfriend.

What happened to him?

Well, we were at his house one night. It was late, and we decided to share spooky stories. He heard one from his history teacher, who believed in the supernatural. The story was about a handsome man with a hook, who slashes you if you say his name 5 times. In addition, he will kill the non-believers if they push him. I was very naive. We both were. He messed around by going to the bathroom, turning off the lights, and saying his name 5 times.

Candyman...

Candyma- oh why am I repeating it? Well, I might be dead soon anyways.

After finishing, I heard silence from outside the bathroom.

And then he screamed his lungs off.

Opening the door, I saw my boyfriend, slashed open and blood everywhere. I was terrified, I screamed, yelling into the phone for 911 to come help...

But they didn't believe me.

They thought I was insane, telling me to only call in real emergencies.

He's been haunting me since, trying to silence me. It won't be much longer now.

If I die, know that he did this.

Believe in him."

The tape clicked off, it was finished.

As part of a research project for my high school history class, I have to choose a figure from legends.

Some chose monsters, some chose creatures.

Who did I pick? The mysterious serial killer, the Candyman.

He was known to be deceptively handsome, yet intimidating. With a hook for a hand, he murders whoever he deems needed.

This tape was left behind at the scene of a murder. The girl on tape, Minyoung, was found slashed in her apartment. Nobody truly knows who did it, as the fear of him sent anyone investigating running.

Not me though. I'm going to find everything I can about this Candyman person.

And my research leads me to the apartments where she was slashed.