Chapter 2 - Flashback

Charlottes POV:

*Flashback*

It was the night of the celebrity ball or dance whatever you wanted to call it. I stood in the mirror admiring my skin tight black dress. My green eyes stood out against winged eyeliner and my smokey black eyeshadow. My hair pulled tight up atop my head. I sat down on my bed and pulled on my black high heels, before grabbing my purse and walking out of the door. I got into my ute and started driving to the ball/dance whilst listening to some Artic Monkeys. I got there in 5 minutes and parked her car. I inhaled nervously and got out meeting my friend, Sadie at the front door.
"Hey girl, you look amazing!" Sadie exclaimed and looked me up and down admiring my dress. She was wearing a red puffy dress that complemented her red hair and blue eyes
"So do you, Sadie. I love your dress." I said and we walked in and I immediately felt eyes staring at us. Me and Sadie walked over to the drinks table. I looked over the people here and was pretty surprised. I didn't realise that Louis and his friends would be here. Normally they were to cool to come to parties like this.

Louis POV
I stood there with Zayn feeling bored. I didn't want to come to this party in the first place, so when my friends dragged me here I wasn't to happy
"Uh Zayn, this is boring as." I said and sighed sinking into my chair. Suddenly Zayn cleared his throat and poked me. I looked up and my breath caught in my throat. Charlotte stood at the door looking around. Her black dress hugged her in all the right places and I almost drooled. I stopped staring and stood up to say hi. Her eyes lit up as she saw me and I grinned.
'Char, you look- wow.'
she grinned 'Don't look too shabby yourself, Lou.'
'Dance with me,' I demanded and grabbed her hand to drag her to the dance floor. She laughed and followed me.
My heart fluttered at her laugh. Shit. I can't like her. She's my best friend, right?

A/N-
My wife helped me write this, Love you Millie 🫶🏻 Go read her story 'Love of my life' louis_pigeon28