𝟑 ➸ 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐘

❝𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭❞

-"𝐒𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫" 𝐛𝐲 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐧 

                                       ───────────────────────────────

Shiemi Moriyama was, by nature, a timid girl. It was likely due to her sickly nature as a young child that prevented her from attending school. She had little to no friends, and her already shy nature made it a challenge for her to socialize with others.

She thought over this truth, as she slowly made her way out of Futsumaya and across the bridge that would lead to the cram school. Her geta slippers made small clicking noises against the stone pavement.

Her thinking was guided by the anxiety of her mother's earlier inquiry. A simple, harmless question that was only meant to generate some pleasant small talk. 'Have you made any friends yet?'

If her mother had asked that question a few days earlier, Shiemi would've been able to answer definitively. She would've been able to call Rin her friend; She would've been able to walk to school whilst enjoying the clear weather and the bright sunshine with an at ease mind.

But she couldn't dwell on it now. Rin's past statement was the wake-up call she needed to realize she couldn't rely on him for everything. Nor could she expect Yukio to be there whenever she needed help.

Her mind drifted to the image of her late grandmother. The woman served as an important parental figure throughout Shiemi's childhood, she was also a source of encouragement. Swiftly wiping the small tears in her eyes, a new determination welling up in her, she resolved to be more outgoing with her classmates.

Stepping into the brightly colored hallway, the view of Kamiki and Paku heading off to class caught her immediate attention. Taking this as her chance to exchange friendly greetings, she quickened her pace and tried to push the word 'hello' from the back of her throat.

"Hello...OOF!" The high elevation of her geta's heel made it easier to trip, which is what happened as her ankle twisted and Shiemi fell unceremoniously to the floor.

As Shiemi began to lift herself back up from the floor, her face burning with embarrassment, Kamiki snickered at the blonde girl. Both amused and irritated that everyone around her, Paku the only exception, was a complete idiot. As Kamiki turned on her heel to leave, Paku quickly asked if Shiemi–who was still on the floor–was alright. Paku was the only line of damage control Kamiki had after all.

It had become a normal routine for you to walk with Rin from homeroom to the cram school every morning, today was no different. You often had to shake him awake so he wouldn't miss his classes, and it made you wonder how he would survive if you were absent.

When you walked into the cram school's hallway, you were met with the sight of Moriyama kneeling pathetically on the floor, blankly looking at the space in front of her. Rin noticed as well and called out to her.