Chapter Twenty Four: Play Pirate... Treasure?

The day went on faster than expected. I explored the four walls of the room and read 'Beyond Enemy Lines' Clinton came by the afternoon informing me not to isolate myself. He had made so much change to the house in which he wanted me to see. I made friends with the three helpers and four guard. All the bedrooms upstairs, four in total. All except mine untouched. 

I ate a special dinner with Clinton with roses and candles. I feel sorry for both of us, honestly. More for myself. I have to go through all this, so traumatizing! And, his love is not given to thee one but the one. 

Moring is here and the door creaks open. I put my book aside awaiting no other than Clinton. He enters like yesterday with a tray of food. I could get use to this, if it was Christopher! 

"Good morning mi amor. Did you sleep well?", 

"Si mi amor, I slept well"

He places my food on the desk caught a glimpse of my book. He sits on the bed beside me, I make way for him. 

"¿Qué estás leyendo?" his sexy Mexican accent is heard. What, he sounds hot when he speaks in Spanish. I wonder if Christopher knows Spanish. Shut up and answer!

"Beyond Enemy Lines," I reply. I show him the book, smiling. I secretly thanking Vaughns mother. Nancy taught me Spanish she was half English and Spanish herself. 

"Oh, you love to read so much. You had so many books in here I had to throw some out," he says slipping behind me. His strong arms massage my tense shoulder, for a moment I feel relaxed. Then I remember the situation I'm in. Life!

"You remember that case you're working on before," Clinton says breaking the silence.  "I'm going to sell it to another organization. A team from F@X tried to get it about a year ago, after you went missing, however they failed. They got into our system though, that's why I had to seal it away in the safe"

He stops massaging and spins me around on the bed, so my feet hang off. He stops in front of me holding my hands, while looking me in the eyes

 "I don't want you ever working on that case again. You nearly got killed because of it. If Damian is doing something illegal someone will catch him soon. However, I don't want you to leave me again," He whispers the last part. I almost felt touched, he cares about me. Well, my character. 

 I nod my head; he smiles in response. 

"Is it on a computer or thumb drive?", I ask out of the blues. I've heard about this case so much time, plus he did say F@X tried to get it, that's us. 

"Yeah"

"When are you going to sell it"

"5 days from now. When I come back from overseas, after my mission in 2 days' time. Why," I have limited time that's why. I need to get those now.

"It's nothing! I just wanted to know; you know how hard I worked on it. Where did you put it again?"

"Oh, darling nothing stays forever. It's in the office safe, don't try talking me out of this. I already made up my mind," He responds then kiss my hand. I smile then pout. 

 "It will be fine. Plus, you'll stay at HQ during the three days I'm gone. Cleo and Hope will keep you company," he continues. Oh only if you knew how I hate them. Anything darling as long as I'm back to my people.  I smile.

"Te amo mi amor he grins," He grins as his phone rings. He gives me a loving smile, stands, takes the phone from his pocket and gets the call. 

"Hola mi amigo, ¿qué tal?"