IV| A Little Project

SEASON 2 EP 6: PRESENTING LORELAI GILMORE PART 2

IT WAS THE DAY OF THE BALL and Tally woke up early to work with Rory and Dean one last time. Since their last dance practice, the couple got a lot better. Dean was actually leading this time and Rory wasn't stepping on his feet anymore. Practice ended and Tally headed home. Walking up to the porch of her house, Tally could hear her mom's voice from all the way outside. It was really late by the time the older woman came home and her daughter was sleeping. Stan opens up all the windows in the morning to let the natural air in; something about making sure letting the good energy in during the morning time. 

Taking a deep breath, opening the door, and walking into her house, Tally saw her mom and Stan taking in the kitchen. "Morning everyone." She says softly. 

"Natalia!" Her mom said excitedly and got up from her seat. Making her way over to Tally, she pulled her into a hug. Tally wrapped her arms around her mom gently. 

"Hi mom." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around her.

Stan watched from afar as his sister and niece reunited once again. He knew that his sister was different after her husband passed away and that affected her niece. Tally's older siblings were not affected as much because they were already moved out of the house and had jobs to distract them, but living in their family house in Stars Hallow was constant reminder of the late father. After his brother in law's death, Stan watched his older sister bury herself in work, and drift away from her youngest daughter. 

Releasing her daughter from the hug, they made their way over to the dining table. "Hi Uncle Stan." Tally said.

"Hey Tal." He kissed her head.

Sitting down with her mom and uncle, Tally observed her for a quick second. Her hair was different from the last she saw her. It was shorter and lighter. Her mom looked happier too.

"So how was Costa Rica?" Tally asked her mom.

Kerri smiled. "It was good. Costa Rica is a beautiful place. The culture and the people are so interesting. I should take you with me sometime."

"That would be great." Tally smiled.

"Excuse me- what about your brother?" Stan interrupted, offended by his sister's words.

"Can't forget about you, little brother." Kerri winked toward Tally and laughed, making Stan roll his eyes.

"I heard Stan told you about the debutante ball." Tally mentioned to Kerri.

She nodded her head as she sipped her coffee. "I did. I heard you taught Rory and her boyfriend how to dance. How was it?"

Tally and Stan looked at each other before laughing. "It was hilarious, Ker. Rory was leading at some points."

"That and they weren't facing each other for a while. They both kept counting steps and it was noticeable. Eventually they got the hang of it." Tally added on.

Eventually Stan and Kerri talked about adult stuff and Tally zoned out of the conversation. She looked over at her mom who looked happier than she did before she left. Something was different and Tally figure out what it was when she noticed the nice ring sitting on her mom's ring finger. It wasn't the wedding band she wore even after her dad died. It was now a nice diamond ring that had- Oh shit.