Part 3

There was silence in the trailer, except for the sound of raindrops in the roof. The two of them were utterly cut off from the outside world.

Gong Jun looked up from his script. In the dimness of the space, his eyes reflected the lights of the trailer. It seemed like the glow of the universe was contained in them.

It felt like time had stood still. Zhang Zhehan involuntarily held his breath as Gong Jun pinned him with his gaze. He knew that Gong Jun's eyes were extraordinarily lethal. Those huge round eyes with long lashes usually gave the onlooker a sense of affable approachability. Yet right now, they seemed to cloud over with something, rendering his expression unreadable.

 Yet right now, they seemed to cloud over with something, rendering his expression unreadable

"I think I understand." Gong Jun finally  said. "Wen Kexing has to take a bold step forward to break down the wall between him and A-Xu."

He continued to stare at Zhang Zhehan, a small smile playing on his lips. Zhang Zhehan swallowed. Those well-defined, sensous-looking lips would be somewhere on his body...

"FOR WORK!" An internal voice screamed at him. "Just for plot development, what are you thinking?!?" With an effort he snatched his eyes away and looked elsewhere.

Gong Jun continued staring at his co-star. He was quite amused that the usually unflappable Zhang Zhehan looked shy and mildly scandalised. This was unexpected. He had thought that Zhang Zhehan would be open-minded about it, in order to show the increasing closeness of the characters.

He bit his lip, trying not to smile. His eyes raked over Zhang Zhehan's blushing face, which determinedly stared straight ahead. He could not help but to tease this industry senior a little. He lowered his voice to a husky whisper.

"A-Xu..?"

Zhang Zhehan blinked, glanced at him and quickly looked away again.

A bemused smile flitted over Gong Jun's lips. He tilted his head and looked askance at Zhang Zhehan.

"So, where does A-Xu suggest the wound to be?"

It seemed that Zhang Zhehan blushed even more furiously. "Ahh...I dunno..."

Gong Jun tried not to chuckle. "A-Xu, this won't do. I am a professional, and for the sake of the storyline, I am willing to place my lips anywhere on you. Now, this is your body we are talking about. Where is fine for you?"

Zhang Zhehan was aghast. He hadn't expected Gong Jun to be convinced so readily. He looked at Gong Jun in surprise, only to find the latter staring at him with an unscrutable expression. Zhang Zhehan was stunned again by the power of that gaze; it pinned him to his seat and seared into his soul, making his heart beat wildly. Zhang Zhehan hoped that Gong Jun could not feel his nervousness.

"A-Xu?" Gong Jun prompted.

He saw Zhang Zhehan swallow hard and almost laughed out loud. Zhang laoshi was really too cute: such a gap from his usual mature and cool persona.