Scared As Shit

(Im sorry I couldn't think of a better title-)

Ship: Niam

Requested by: adorex_lrry (hope you don't mind-)

3rd Person POV
Liam and Niall had been dating for a few years now. They had gotten married and all that shit, but they hadn't gotten a child, that was the last step. Liam was confident, Niall not so much. They were going to the adoption centre today.

"Babe?" Niall asked Liam as he was making breakfast. Liam only replied with a small: "hm?" Not turning away from the pancakes.

"What if they don't like me?" Niall asked slightly sounding scared. Liam to face Niall, ditched the pancakes and came over to him. He grabbed Niall by his sides, stood him up and hugged him. Niall stood motionless in his arms his head resting in the crook of Liam's neck, breathing in his scent.

"He, she or they, will love you, I'm certain of it." Liam whispered into his ear.

"But what if they don't?" Niall asked, scared. It broke Liam's heart seeing that his stupid boyfriend didn't think he was good enough for a child to fall in love with him.

"Come here." Liam laughed and picked Niall up so his hands were wrapped around his waist and Niall's hands were wrapped around his neck. Liam walked the two over to the couch and they sat down on it.

"Do you wanna know why I think they'll fall in love with you?" Liam asked softly, Liam wasn't going to deny it, he had a soft spot for the smaller boy.

"Why?" Niall asked.

"Because your smart, funny, kind, playful, talented, sweet, handsome, amazing, incredible, you light up the room as soon as you walk in, Niall, I can't describe how much I love you." Liam said playing with Niall's hands.

"You're a sap." Niall laughed.

"Ok, would you rather have cuddles or pancakes?" Liam asked.

"Go and get the pancakes." Niall laughed again, something was indescribably beautiful about Niall's laugh to Liam.

Liam only just saved the pancakes and brought them over to his husband.

"Yay! Thank you." Niall propped himself up and kissed Liam, that lasted around 10 seconds.

Niall rested his head on Liam's shoulder, Liam's heart swelled whenever he did this. The two had a playful argument about who should eat the last pancake and Niall ended up winning.

Then they drove over to the adoption centre...

Time Skip

Niall and Liam had picked up a bright and most likely moody fifteen year old girl named Sophie.

"Wait, if you're Niall Horan and you're Liam Payne, then do you know Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik?" The auburn haired girl asked.

"Um, yes! They would be yourrr, uncles." Niall replied slightly awkward and scared until Liam placed his hand on his thigh.

"Holy shit!" She yelled. Liam had something against any word stronger than: "ass or piss" Liam only lightly cursed.

"Language." Liam warned.

"Sorry, d- Liam." Sophie apologise nearly calling Liam dad, not that, that was a bad thing.