Chapter Five~Trying to Find Dorothea Rollins

(I decided to change her stele because I didn't like the other one. Sorry if it confuses you.)

Lottie's POV:

After Clary wondered off, Jace and I went to the control center to try and look for mum.

"Jace, this won't be easy. Why do you think she hasn't been found by the Clave before now, huh?" I asked Jace. "It's because she doesn't want to be found. She's like a spy in that sense." I added when he didn't answer me.

Once again, he ignored me and typed in mum's name into the computer, muttering under his breath, "Where are you, Jocelyn Fray?" Just like I knew would happen, it came up with no results.

After a few more minutes of that, I went to go find Izzy and found her in her room with Clary.

"This is the least revealing thing you have?" Clary was asking Izzy, looking at the clothes she was in.

"Oh, come on Clary. That's not even a little bit revealing." I told her, announcing my presence.

"Exactly. All the naughty bits are covered." Izzy agreed with me. "A little too much in my opinion." She added as an afterthought, me nodding along.

"Where's Simon?" Clary sighed.

"Who?" Izzy joked, with a straight face. When she saw Clary didn't find it funny, she smiled and continued, "Kidding. He's with the boys. He's in good hands." Izzy and I walked over to her bed and sat at the end of it.

"So, you, Alec, and Jace are all... like, family?" Clary asked hesitantly.

Izzy and I chuckled. "Translation, you wanna know if Jace and I are a thing." Izzy smiled.

"Why would I care?" Clary scoffed.

"Because you do." I deadpanned.

"Don't worry. In every way he's like my brother." Izzy told her. "Mine and Alec's parents took Jace in when he was ten. We trained together. We learned to fight side by side."

Clary sighed, "A few days ago, all I had to worry about was getting into art school. And now..." She trailed off at the end.

"Please tell me this is the part where I give you the pep talk about harnessing your inner Shadowhunter and accepting your true destiny. I've always wanted to do this." Izzy asked excitedly.

"That was the pep talk wasn't it, Iz?" I asked her.

"Pretty much. Clary..." Izzy sighed and stood up. "Remember you were born to do this. No matter what's happened, this is who you are."

"Not exactly feeling that at the moment."

"Yet." Izzy said.

"You will." I added.

"Okay, now all we have to do is find Dot." Clary sighed.

"And track down and kill the most dangerous rogue Shadowhunter in our  history." Izzy ruined the atmosphere.

"Before he kills us." I ruined it just a little bit more.

"You guys really know how to ruin a pep talk, don't you?" Clary asked.

"Come on, let's go." Izzy started to walk off, before turning back around to add on, "Oh, and by the way, Simon is kind of nerd hot."

"Let's just get out of here. You and me. By ourselves. We can find Dot ourselves." Simon suggested to Clary as soon as we entered the same room as him.

"Great. And what am I? Chopped liver?" I muttered under my breath.

"Simon, there are demons out there, okay? Actual demons that want to murder us." Clary reminded him.