Nine: Levi.

Levi.

A week had gone by. It was Saturday morning. It was supposed to be my day off, but I had somehow been stuck in a meeting with Levi and the packs that Michael's Luna had screwed over. So when Levi had come to the packhouse this morning and pounded on the office door, it had scared the shit out of me - as I hadn't realized that I passed out in the office the night before. Taking a sip from my cup of coffee, I listened as Levi went on to list the current issues that involved these packs.

It had seemed that the news of selling portions of the pack lands hadn't reached the rest of The Moore pack, and so there was a risk of war happening between The Moore Pack, The Cross Pack, The Mercer Pack, and The Turner Pack. Fighting to keep my eyes open, I stood up from my seat and looked out the window in hopes that standing would help me keep my eyes open. Why didn't Miles wake me up? He usually wakes me up if I fall asleep in the wrong places.

"Alpha Lily, are you listening?" Levi's voice held some irritation, causing me to turn around and look at him. Of course, I wasn't listening to him. Still, it would only take me a second to process the information he had been telling me earlier. Keeping silent, I nodded my head, then returned my attention towards the window. While the Moore pack was ready for war in many cases, right now, the pack couldn't afford war. Their Alpha was on Trial, and none of them were actually war-ready.

"Levi, tell the pack which portion of the land has been given to these Alphas'. If there are any further transgressions from our pack members, they are to be punished severely. While The Moore pack is ready for war, our pack isn't prepared for battle. They're years behind in training," I paused, and looked each Alpha in the eye, listening as they growled at the challenge I was sending them, "But me, as the acting Alpha, and a member of Alpha Council, I'm more than ready to take heads." They all fell silent, understanding my threat.

I had openly admitted to these Alphas' that the pack could never defend itself properly. Still, they understood that I was more than capable of slaughtering their packs with ease. I could feel Levi's eyes on me. He was probably used to Moore accepting any challenge thrown his way and risking the pack - as senior Moore had always been sending the pack to war. Crossing my arms over my chest, I watched as the Alphas' started to get up from their seats. Finally, they were ready to leave. They could feel my desire to kill - while it wasn't a genuine desire, it was an easy enough emotion to produce when you've experienced it enough.

"I look forward to our future meetings," I mused out as the last Alpha left the office. Closing my eyes, I leaned against the window and gave out a low sigh. Why was I so tired? Was it because I slept like shit? Was it because I didn't sleep next to Miles or in a bed?

"What the hell was that?" Levi's voice held some irritation. Keeping my eyes closed, I stayed silent. He was overstepping his place as Beta. Giving out a low sigh, I reached into my pocket and opened my eyes. Looking down at my phone, I quickly took in the time then unlocked my phone to give Miles a call. I had been under the assumption that he may have been at the Trial.

"Are you going to ignore me?" Levi asked, stepping into my line of sight. Holding the phone up to my ear, I listened as the other end of the call started to ring. I could see the anger in his brown eyes begin to grow as he stepped closer, never leaving the other side of the desk. Good call on his end.

"You're overstepping your place. You're merely a Beta and have no reason to concern yourself over what that was," Levi did a double-take, the look of hurt in his eyes as he continued to stare at me. Levi's shoulders dropped a bit, we maintained eye contact. I listened to his heart rate, hearing it slow down a bit and skip a beat. I guess he took what I said to literal heart. A sigh of irritation escaped my lips when Miles sent me to voicemail. He must have been in the actual Trial and not merely a witness.