Five: Miles the Sly.

Miles the Sly.

Miles stared at me; his usual sly grin played at his lips as he leaned against the wall of my bedroom. His arms were crossed, forcing his shirt to tighten around his muscles. If I hadn't been in a position of scolding him, there had been so much I was willing to do to his body. Clenching my hands into a fist, I forced those thoughts out of my head. No, he's in trouble. He doesn't get to see you beg. 

"Miles, what are you doing here?" Miles seemed surprised that I would ask him that. He gave out a sigh and ran his hand through his black hair. The hurt of look crossed his features before he pushed off of the wall and stepped towards me. Miles covered the small distance between us in less than a minute and wrapped his left arm around my waist while his right hand had cupped my chin. This forced both of us to maintain eye contact. 

"I should be the one asking you that, Sammy." His breath hit my lips, causing a shudder of pleasure to consume my body. I didn't know if this had to do with the fact that I may have been sexually frustrated or because Miles treated me with so much care and love. I watched as Miles licked his lips, his eyes lingering on mine before he bit his lip. He wanted to kiss me, and I may have been willing to let him.

"Alexis Lily is my sister," Miles pulled me closer against him, tightening his hold. But, god, why didn't he kiss me already? The kiss we shared at the mansion wasn't enough for me. It wasn't a proper kiss between the both of us. 

"I'm charged with helping the Moore pack," Miles spoke, closing the distance between us, but he quickly pulled away just as my bedroom door opened. I held back my groan of frustration and turned to see that Alexis, Levi, Austin, and Melissa were standing at the door. Alexis and Levi had their eyebrows raised in question as the four of them walked into the bedroom, closing the door behind them. 

"MALA, why am I not surprised," Miles laughed, causing me to look at him. Mala? What did that mean? Looking at Miles, I watched as he casually pointed his thumb towards the four of them, as though I would have picked up on what he was talking about. I held my hand up in defeat, watching as Miles sat on my bed and casually started to bounce on it. There was a squeak to the bed that made him shake his head. What the hell was he doing to my bed? 

"It's what I call them. They're always together. Melissa, Alexis, Levi, and Austin. MALA. They respond to it. Why not make it simple when attempting to get their attention," Miles had been casual in his response as he started to unbutton his jacket then vest. This left him in his white button-up and suit pants. I forced my attention off of him and turned it towards MALA. I guess he is right about making it easier to address them. 

"So, not only are you in the Alpha Council, you're dating someone who is as well?" Alexis asked. Her tone had been calm, but I could see in her eyes that she was upset. More than upset, she wanted to wreak havoc. I went to comfort Alexis but stopped when Melissa had casually placed her hand on Alexis's back. I could see that at least Alexis didn't need to rely so heavily on me anymore. 

"Sammy and I date? No, what Sammy and I have is much stronger than dating," Miles spoke and stood next to me. He grabbed my left arm casually and starting to move it around as if I was a puppet. While I wouldn't care about him sharing this sort of information in most cases, the way he was doing it bothered me. I hadn't seen my family in five years. This was a lot of information to throw at them in a single period of eight hours, "We're married. Granted, the marriage didn't happen the way we wanted or pictured." 

He wasn't wrong about that part. When we got married, it was a drunk night out in Vegas. You know what they say about Vegas, what happens, tends to stay? Well, that didn't. We got plastered drunk, decided as a joke to get married. Turns out the place we got married at was an authentic office. The marriage was real and was recognized in the states we both resided in.