Noticulous Jade

Alastor restlessly walks back and forth at the marketplace in Liyue with her Fontaine-themed clothes back on. There is still no sign of Vranz after Alastor's mishaps. While she is relieved that he would not scold her if he did not arrive but somehow she has this unsettling feeling of guilt. 'Will he scold me? Will he not? Will he scold me? Will, he not?' Alastor plucks petals of Glaze Lilies she found behind the big tree near the crafting table.

"Alastor? What were you doing behind the tree?" A voice belonging to a chibi flying creature suddenly interrupts her.

She stopped plucking the petals to respond to the voice. "Oh, it's you two. I'm plucking petals. Sometimes people from my hometown (world) pluck petals of a flower to decide possibilities, whether it is a good or a bad ending. It doesn't have to be Glaze Lilies. Any flower would do. Even if you got a bad ending, you shouldn't be so down. There's more to enjoy in life rather than just one measly bad ending."

"Ooooh! We learned something new about Alastor's hometown! Gee... why is she hiding here? Is she sad she didn't get to return?" Paimon asks Aether. Unfortunately, Alastor's face is unreadable at the moment. When she is calm, thinking, listening, daydreaming, bored, or uninterested, she has that same dead face on.

"That... is a possibility." Aether can't either confirm or deny.

Alastor pretends to just notice Zhongli who is standing behind them. "And this person is...?"

"This is Mr. Zhongli! We are helping him to prepare for the rite of parting!" Paimon introduces Zhongli to Alastor. "Mr. Zhongli, this is our friend Alastor! She is a fellow adventurer and an Honorary Knight, just like us!"

"Greetings." Zhongli greet is short.

"Likewise," Alastor replies shortly too.

"Uhm... why are you here alone? Where's Vranz?" Aether looks around but still no sight of Vranz.

"My brother went to Dragonspine. He won't be back for a while I guess? I guess I can lend you a hand before he comes back."

"I don't mind additional help." Zhongli allows Alastor to help.

"Then it's decided then! First off, let's go to the Jade Mystery stall over there!" Paimon floats there while others follow from behind.

"Welcome to the Jade Mystery, my good friends! Would you like to try your luck betting on jade? This could be your lucky day! It's cheap and it's fun, and who knows, you just might strike it rich!" The fat stall owner named Shitou begins as he sees some customers. Three uncut Cor Lapis are present on the table.

"Betting? No, no, we're here for... um, what was it again?" Paimon holds her head while trying to remember.

"Noticulous Jade, of radiant grade at the very least," Zhongli adds.

"Radiant grade Noticulous Jade? I see you're not a tourist. My apologies, I have some here for your perusal." Shitou opens a few boxes from three different batches. "What do you think? The Jade Mystery is an old name in the jade business. Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on, pick whichever you like!"

"So... we have to bet on these too it seems." Alastor highlighted the key point.

"These three pieces do look pretty, not like the ones you usually dig up... But how do we pick? Should we just grab one and go?" Paimon can't decide after seeing these fairly same-looking jades.

"What do you think, Mr. Zhongli?" Aether asks Zhongli instead.

"Oh? You want me to decide? That is fine as well. If it were me, the answer would be simple."