Chapter Seven: I liked it

"You drank all this?" I ask.

"With some help from my new friends," giggled Gwaine as everyone cheers from behind us.

"He says he hasn't got any money, so it looks like you'll have to pay," he says as he lifts me up into the air.

"I can't afford this!"

"Better find someone who can," he sneers at me as Gwaine laughs and falls to the floor.

"I'm sure since Gwaine is a guest at the moment, Arthur won't mind paying so why don't you just put him down," smiles Morgana.

"Morgana to the rescue," Gwen whispers to me as he puts me down and I look at her out the corner of my eye and nod to agree. I probably would have charged Arthur if it came to it but Morgana saying it too, maybe Arthur won't be as cross with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry I know, I'm late," I say as I come into his chamber and put the tray down on his desk.

"Not at all."

"Erm, good." I head over to his bed and to start making it.

"Sure you're alright, your not sick not gonna burst into song?" he asks. 

"No, why?" I ask.

"Fourteen courts of meed, three flaggens of wine, five courts of cider," he says.

"I can explain," I say but he carries on.

"Four dozen pickled eggs."

"That was Gwaine, he went to the Tavern and he couldn't pay for it," I say.

"So you said I would."

"If I hadn't that inn keeper would have strung us both up."

"Also I said you would pay for it, as I knew it wasn't Merlin's fault and he doesn't have that kind of money and since he is our guest, Arthur and saved your life," smiled Morgana as she came into the room.

"How long have you been listening?" Arthur asks.

"Long enough, now don't be so hard," she smiles.

"I'm sorry, I'll pay for it," I say.

"You certainly will," he sneered.

"Arthur," Morgana raises her voice.

"You can help him and Gwaine if your that bothered, Morgana," he sneers.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I thought you said we had to do all these boots? All of them are done," he says at me as we walk into the throne room to find them all done already.

"Erm well, Morgana and I started them earlier and then well I left her too it. I guess we owe her. Look Gwaine, if you just told Arthur your father was a  knight, you wouldn't have to consider doing this or Morgana wouldn't have had to do it," I tell him.

"Maybe, but I'm not making the same mistakes he did, besides my father would have treated his servants well."

"You didn't know him?"

"Well, I like to think that he did. What about yours?"

"No he didn't have any servants, he didn't have...well anyone."

"When did he die?"

"About a year ago, I just wish I had the chance to know him, better. So much he could have taught me." 

"But you did get to meet him," smiled Gwaine.

"And that counts for something, doesn't it Merlin?" asks Morgana as she comes in.

"Yeah."

"Thank you for this," smiles Gwaine.

"It's alright, Arthur can be very unfair sometimes. Mind if I borrow, Merlin?" she asks.

"Not at all, go ahead," Gwaine says. I follow Morgana until we arrive at her chamber and she beckons me in.

"Gwen won't be here for another half hour, got her doing a couple of things. Look Merlin about that kiss earlier, I can't forbid how I feel about you. You may think I'm playing some kind of game, maybe I am but when we kissed I felt something there and you can't deny that from me because I felt it too. Look maybe we are playing a dangerous game, who knows if I or you are winning but life is always a dangerous game which way to go what to do next. Look maybe its dangerous because we won't two completely different things but right now forget all that and just kiss me," says Morgana.

And that is what I did. I kissed Morgana and I liked it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Let me know what you think guys :)