Chapter Five: Ever change?

Arthur and I stopped outside a village. “You know what you need after hard days hunt?” Arthur asks.

“Sleep,” I said.

“A nice cold tankard of mead,” he smiles.

“Mead,” I say under my breath as Arthur heads forward into the village with his horse and I follow.

We arrive outside the local Tavin. We get off and start tying the horses up. “There is no better place to measure the mood of you people then the local Tavin.”

“This is one of those moments when I tell something isn’t a good idea and you ignore me isn’t it?” I ask.

“You’re learning Merlin, slowly but your learning,” he smiles.

“Remember when we are in here you’re not my servant I’m just a simple peasant like everyone else,” he tells me as we head into the Tavin walking away from the horses.

“Simple, parts right.”

“What?” Arthur asks.

“The sun it’s very bright.”

“Oh yeah it is,” he says.

At times I wonder if Arthur has any brain cells at all. I bet he probably thinks that about me too, even only he knew though. The last thing really on my mind right now though is if Arthur has a brain though. I’m worried about what is going to happen while we are in the Tavin. We always somehow end up in trouble.

Also one other thing concerns me. Being away from Camelot gives Morgana the perfect opportunity to take over Camelot or do what she wants. As much as to some point I feel like this has changed a bit now I still can’t let my guard down on her because I think this has all to do with the game we are meant to be playing. I do owe her one too now.

Arthur and I sit down at a table and a woman comes over to us. “What it be?”She asks.

 “Err,” Arthur looks around.

“Hmm you’re a handsome fellow,” she smiles.

“Well you wouldn’t be the first person to say it,” Arthur beams about himself.

“Oh no, sorry I was talking about your friend here,” she smiles right at me.

“Him?” Arthur says shocked.

“Thank you,” I smile back at her.

“Two tankard’s of mead please,” Arthur says looking a bit annoyed.

“Not every girl is going to like you, Arthur I mean I didn’t ever fall over you did I? Besides the lady is right you know Merlin is handsome if you took long enough to realise you aren’t the only guy who can pulls ladies,” said a familiar voice from behind me.

“Morgana what are you doing here,” Arthur advances on her on.

“Oh sit down and enjoy the drinks alright stress head. I followed you. I worry about you Arthur get being a prince get way to far into your head sometimes don’t you agree Merlin?” she asks.

“Yeah...maybe,” I say. What is she doing here? Why did she just call me handsome too? She has never ever said that about me before.

Arthur sighs but seems to accept this. The woman gave us our meads and went to fetch one more for Morgana. “Everyone is now staring,” Arthur complains. Morgana put her hand on my leg under the table which made me flinch a bit and jog the table.

“Merlin what are you playing at!” Arthur shouts at me.

“Arthur just leave it and calm down!” Morgana snaps back at him.

By this time I thought all the attention would have to be on us the way these two are going at it but I noticed I was wrong. A man had just entered the Tavin. He pushed a lady out the way and smashed some plates on the floor before going up to the bar.

“Good afternoon Mary, business looks good,” he says loudly.

“We have our better days,” she says.

“I don’t suppose you will be granting me my share then,” he says putting someone on the bar counter. She chucks the coins on the bar counter and I just about see him counting them.

“And the rest,” he advances on her.

“That’s all we got,” she tells him.

“I’ll not ask again?” he says pulling out a knife and putting it near her throat but I now was paying more attention to Arthur as he got up and went over to them. This cannot be good.

“Take your hands off her!” says Arthur loudly.

The man goes to swing at Arthur but he misses and falls into something. “You’re going to pay for that!” he says angrily.

“I’ll like to see you try,” Morgana and I happened to say at the same time. The man whistles and then a load of guys come into the pub. I grab Morgana’s arm and pull her away from the table towards Arthur.

“You had to open your big mouths didn’t you Merlin and Morgana,” says Arthur.

“You three have got yourselves in a bit of a pickle haven’t you,” said a guy who had been sitting having a peaceful mead I took before this happened.

“You should get out of here while you have the chance,” Arthur says to him.

“You’re probably right,” he smiles before he punches the boss I took him as.

That’s when it all kicked off.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Merlin, “whispers Morgana.

“Yeah?” I ask her.

“Thank you back then,” she says.

“It’s ok my lady, as much as I’m Arthur’s servant I know he would be destroyed if anything happened to you,” I say.

“Oh yeah just thank you again,” she says. I guess our conversation couldn’t go far with Arthur just in front of us with Gwaine knocked out. He had got hurt by a knife when the fight was going on. Since he helped us all out the least we can do is get Gaius to help him.

“Stop being so slow we need to get back to Camelot!” Arthur shouted at us.

“He always seems so angry,” says Morgana.

“He has a lot on his shoulders, Morgana and he wants to make sure Gwaine will be ok. However I see where you are coming from. Just Morgana why can’t you realise how much Arthur cares. I don’t agree with what Uther does but you know Arthur to be different,” I tell her.

She looks at me oddly before she rides off to catch up with Arthur. I guess that wasn’t the best thing to bring up but it had been lingering in my mind ever since she had helped out with the Goblin. I know to some point I nearly died because of her but she didn’t do it on purpose and she cried real tears for me. That has to mean for something. What I’m concerned about though is will her opinion on Arthur and Uther ever change?

-----------------------------------------------------

There we go guys

TeamMorgana asked me to get this up ages ago and reminded me now. Soz for the delay behind on everything.

Any feedback and votes would mean the world ty