1

Evgeni Malkin's robust, 195 pound, six foot three inch body contemplated awakening at 8:20ish in the morning. He had the day off along with the other Pittsburgh Penguins boys and he was not going to waste it.

The Russian hockey player had been a big scorer for a win against the New York Rangers less than twelve hours ago, and the feeling of a well deserved triumph surged through his achy body.

Malkin straightened out as he woke up. When he opened up his eyes, he was not blinded by sunlight for he had dark curtains to keep from the blood curdling natural bright light. Malkin came to life as he awoke more.

"IT'S SID!" His phone sounded. It was a text. Sidney Crosby, a close teammate of his, had once taken the barely older Evengi Malkin's phone and set all of notifications he would receive from Sidney to produce the sound of Sidney yelling "IT'S SID." like an incredibly energetic five year old. Evgeni rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Geno! Geno! I'm making pancakes! Look!" Sid had sent him a picture of a pancake on his face with chocolate chips arranged into a very simplistic smiley face. Sidney had found this to be a good picture to send considering the one time Evgeni had delivered Pens tickets to fans at their homes and had said "I like to see smile face"  in an interview in between scenes.

Feeling hunger now, Evgeni texted back his teammate: "You are such adult, Sid." Taking the covers off of his bulky legs, Evgeni Malkin rotated to let his feet touch the soft, carpeted floor. He walked out of his bedroom rubbing his messy dark locks. He pulled out everything he needed for pancakes, and started getting things ready for his soon feast. Only to find out, Evgeni had a small amount of flour - an important ingredient for pancakes. "I make what I can do" His broken English did not bother him a bit during his endeavors. In fact, it did not ever really bother him too much. People were still able to understand him and he was capable of getting his points across, so why worry?

Evgeni turned on the TV to the NHL network channel, just in time to see replays of himself scoring and passing the puck with ease.

"Now let's talk about Evgeni Malkin. He has been having a great season so far and last night against the Rangers was like the topping to the cake. I mean look at the skill and attention he uses! This isn't just some happy go lucky thing right here. Evgeni Malkin knows what he needs to do and how to do it. Some of the other players in the NHL could learn a thing or two from him. Now watch carefully here as he moves his stick. He makes sure to fake out Rick Nash, but not knock his skate. And as he comes in, Marc Staal hasn't a chance on the big guy. Geno gets around him and goes straight up the ice and it's almost like he locks eyes with Lundqvist and just shoots at him"

Evgeni was being praised for his work and all he could do was smile like the big kid he was. "IT'S SID!" - Evgeni's phone went off again. "I am an adult and by the way I'm outside." Confused, Malkin walked to the front door, opened it, and saw his teammate sporting an interesting fashion - or lack of fashion...

Sidney was in sweatpants that were obviously way too big for him, a tight jacket and house shoes, accompanied by a red baseball cap that said "SID" on it. Malkin didn't know whether to continue staring at him or let him inside. "You are a messy Sid. Very messy of you." Evgeni let Sidney Crosby into his fairly neat home. "You know, I think you need some pancakes." Sidney did not let Evgeni's somewhat insult let him down about his formulated outfit.

"Theres not much flowers." Sidney's eyebrows furrowed, not getting what the problem was. "But you do have flowers. Right here, Geno. This is an extravagant arrangement by the way." Sidney inspected the large vase or colorful flowers. They all seemed to draw in their own attitudes, if it was possible for flowers to do so.

"Not flowers. Flower. The pancake flower." This time, Evgeni's words did not compute with the younger male.

"Do you mean you want to make pancakes for Flower? Our goalie, Fleury?" Evgeni shook his head in disappointment.

"Wait wait wait hold on! A pancake flower? You want to make a flower, out of pancakes maybe? I could help you with that." Sidney looked for ingredients and finally understood the problem. "Ohhhh flour....You don't have much flour...." A look of partial worry was plastered on Evgeni's face instead of a general, content look. "I'll just go buy some. Wait here. Don't you move big guy!"

Little did Sidney know that Evgeni was going to take his phrase seriously. Evgeni was NOT going to move from his current stance in the middle of his fancy and proper kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part One XD