Pilot

'I came here with a goal, but it failed like all the times it did. It has been over two years now. The person who said that patience is a virtue had no idea what they were talking about since I'm thinking about quitting. Waiting for something that is never going to come. How am I expected to always settle for less by my friends, my own mother.

Desperation is one motherfucker. Many were destined for happily ever after, never for Bennett witches. I know this since I'm a living proof, proof that we are meant to endure nothing but undeniable devastation and torment.

Raised by a grandmother who always told me that I was meant to be worshipped by all kinds of gods. Where is my God, can he hear me?

Scratching all those lottery numbers, still waiting for my jackpot.

Maybe I should learn to be humble and appreciate what I have. A dead grandmother, a distant father, friends who don't see me and last and not at least, a mother who doesn't want me as a daughter.

I am Bonnie Bennett, a witch. Funny, right. I know. I didn't believe it either until my life took a turn for the worse just after I've blinked.

I always feel like crying just as this very moment, but no tear is attempting to escape my eyes. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have no idea where to shear a tear first. Many things have gone wrong. Myself being one of them. Where do I begin to fix myself?

I'm thinking about leaving town, but no one knows yet. If they ask me, I'll lie to my teeth. I will do anything to stop this unbearable feeling in my chest, the one that will be so much worse than a physical pain.

Damon bit me a few months back, or was it a year ago? Don't remember. The physical pain he made me endure was so much better than what I'm feeling now.

Silence, my worst enemy. All because I'm all alone.'

As he was reading the last entry of her journal, it was clear to him that the Bennett witch had finally dropped the veil since he was holding it with his bare hands. It turned out to be more than just searching for where she could have gone, to being intrigued by her words, her desperation to be loved by family.

What was more intriguing, was the fact he wasn't kicked out by the invisible force since he was never invited in the little witch's house. Even as he is a dead man who is just a visible ghost, he was old enough to know how magic works.

As he left the house with Bonnie's journal in tacked, walking out the front door, quickly decided to walk back in. Minimizing his suspicions when he passed the threshold again with ease.

He now had a to-do-list that begins with him getting a hair cut and avenging his death.

~~~

What could be more naive than a teenage girl that happens to be possessed my expression magic. Feeling untouchable, like an Alpha. One of the many consequences of dark magic. Even as expression is not put together on the same rank as magic, for Bonnie Bennett, it really didn't matter since she was more powerful than any other witch.

Sheila Bennett found Bonnie suffocating, well, more like hallucinating, all thanks to Silas. It took time for her to be well but after that, her grandmother's words rang into her head. 'Expression is the manifestation of your your will.' Her will was now to bring Jemery Gilbert back to life. All because the witch was was a naive little girl, her will came true with the expense of her own life.

~~~

New Orleans