Arcade

Please ignore the modern and American terms haha.

Zenitsu picked up the koto in surprise. It had been awhile since he'd seen one let alone played one. He ran his fingers over the strings with a fond smile, savoring the sweet waves of sound caressing his ears.

He giggled to himself, sitting down and setting it on his lap. The instrument was smaller than the more grand versions he had seen, but it was well made and in good condition despite looking a bit neglected.

He frowned as he was reminded of himself. Using his sleeve, he wiped the dust off the shiny wood beneath.

Zenitsu plucked at the strings again sending the soothing tones through the air. Soon, his fingers found a familiar melody.

Zenitsu knew it well, after all, he wrote it believe it or not.

He sighed softly.

"A broken heart is all that's left.

I'm still fixing all the cracks.

Lost a couple of pieces when...

I carried it, carried it, carried it home."

He could still remember the sting of betrayal when she left. She was why he wrote this. It managed to help him cope with his heart break.

"I'm afraid  of all I am.

My mind feels like a foreign land.

Silence ringing inside my head.

Please carry me, carry me, carry me home."

His own mind doesn't feel like home. It's dark, cold and lonely. It's this emptiness that scares him.

"I spent all of the love I saved .

We were always a losing game.

Small town boy in a big arcade...

I got addicted to a losing game.

Ohhhh oh oh oh

Ohhh oh oh oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game."

He did anything for her, but... she never loved him back. She only used him. Bled him dry and ran off with someone else.

His tears dripped onto the surface of the instrument, yet he still sang with a smile.

"How many pennies inside this slot?

Giving us up didn't take a lot.

I saw the end 'fore it begun.

Still I carried, I carried, I carry on."

Truthfully, he brought it upon himself... He heard  her intentions when she first spoke to him. She was lying to his face, he knew it and he played along... Because then he could at least pretend that someone loved him.

"Ohhhh oh oh oh

Ohhh oh oh oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game.

Ohhhh oh oh oh

Ohhh oh oh oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game.

I don't need your games. Game over.

Get me off this rollercoaster.

Ohhhh oh oh oh

Ohhh oh oh oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game.

Ohhhh oh oh oh

Ohhh oh oh oh

All I know, all I know

Loving you is a losing game."

"Heh. I forgot how nice it is to vent through singing. It's like screaming, but I sound nice and my throat doesn't hurt after. Haha," Zenitsu spoke to himself with a wet laugh.

Another song came to mind.

"Okay..."

He readied his fingers.