Unnecessary Arguments

Previously, 10 : 18 am...

" Prince Gion, the stage has already been assembled," Livio reported to prince Gion, having prepared his booth all by his own because Katie was in an unwakeable slumber. " Should we proceed?"

" Certainly," Prince Gion arose from his seat and prince Shintarou followed.

" I should wake her," Livio leisurely approached the dead asleep girl that took up the space on a whole three person couch. She was tall, but not as tall as Livio, just a couple centimeters taller than Prince Gion; And the prince hated that.

" Don't," his highness halted Livio, staring at Katie's dark eye circles. " Let her sleep."

" But she'll miss your performance and-,"

" She won't, she'll make it. So leave her be and hop along," Prince Gion headed for the front door. Livio was puzzled but he did not question his highness and just obeyed him, hoping that he was right.

......

Present...

" What?" Livio questioned my speech.

" I mean, after all that, are you seriously ok? Like, are you all right?" I replied.

" I don't need your pointless pity. Save it for yourself and shut that green mouth of yours. You're getting more and more bothering," the prince snarled and turned to leave. My eyes widened and a forced smiled formed on my face.

" Sure, of course your highness!"

" Katie..." Livio mumbled. " You're concerned about him?"

" ...Why do you think so?" I laughed and picked up by bag of empty container, walking ahead, the smile dropping gradually. Livio rushed and caught up.

" Well, you asked if he was ok... you must reme-," Livio was cut off.

" I'm not concerned about him in any way.... I'm just doing this for my own sake," I questioned my own reply.

" In what way?" Livio asked again.

" Hmm, so I'll not lose any money," I mumbled, quickening my pace." But please, Livio, this is not something to worry about."

" Okay...," Livio eyed me as we headed back to the dorm, half-running to catch up to the prince who'd had a headstart. The rays of the sun was disappearing little by little, casting a faint purple hue before being completely extinguished by the darkness of night time. And just like that, another day was coming to an end.

.........

The next day...

Birds sat atop trees that bloomed richly with flowers, a small army of ants circled a breadcrumb that had just escaped from the rest of its crew, only to be surrounded by a new consumer. The weather was fine, the sun was partially obscured by the clouds, diminishing the spread of its bright yellowy white light. Several leaves scattered the grounds of Momos Academy, a prestigious school for boys. Break time had just only started for the students but the bustling crowd had not yet invaded the tranquility of this part of the school. This was the more secluded part of the school, always peaceful and quiet. But it seems that for this very day, peace was not for long when a group of three walked in.

" What?! You lost him?!" Prince Gion scolded.

" Sorry, sorry! I- I only took my eyes of him for one s-," My voice quivered, fumbling and looking around, hoping to see Shintarou somewhere.

" You have one job, and you failed it! " Prince Gion snarled, his nose crinkled and his eyebrows furrowed.

" Why task me with nannying him, he is perfectly capable for looking after himself. Furthermore, I am not in the slightest way, his bodyguard," I argued with his absurd statement. " My one job, is to make sure is that you are out of harm's reach and I think that so far, I had manged it perfectly!"