𝟏. 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

-

"You realize those are bad for you right?"

Dabi huffed out what's left of his cigarette, standing outside the apartment of a more higher quality complex, far better than his one back at his hometown, how long had it been since he was last there? Three months, maybe four, regardless at this point he forgot and doesn't consider it important to remember.

Dabi lifted the cigarette between his crinkled lips and stomped it to the pavement between his combat boots, he turned around slowly, at least he's still keeping to his routine: a cigarette in the morning and a crippling moment of self doubt.

"Gee, never would have considered it, might as well buy another pack," Dabi snickered, although most never enjoyed his sarcastic attitude at least he knew someone tolerated him - to a degree - there standing beside him was his younger brother, of course dressed in his work attire, far different from the comic book superhero graphic tees he used to wear as a kid, definitely a change he would have to get used to, and the sight height difference, of course, it wasn't like Dabi was capable of inheriting any good genetics, his lanky build, and weak lungs - which years of smoking cigarettes - did not help his situation.

"Well, I have to head into work soon, please take care of the place," Natsuo, adjusting his wristwatch patted Dabi's shoulder, Dabi could only nod and Huff out a coherent breath from the colder morning, "Thanks," Natsuo shot him a gentle smile, Dabi never understood how his brother could be so, so compassionate, compared to Dabi he was truly a saint, it made the knot inside Dabi's throat expand knowing he was taking advantage of his brother's kindness, bunking down, and sleeping on the couch at his brother's place to avoid dealing with his issues.

Dabi closed his eyes and tilted his head up, the sky was beautiful today, a coverage of white blankets covered the baby blue every morning usually had, this time Dabi didn't have to squint to enjoy the scenery, he didn't want to acknowledge the sound of a engine and a car driving out of the small lot beside the house, at least this time he didn't have to talk about the empty hole in his chest.

-

Natsuo lived on his own after he graduated college, which was a few years back, getting a job as a therapist due to his knowledge of cycles of abuse within families he wanted to help those who were as lost as he was, Natsuo had eventually lost contact with his family, only having called his mother every so often, something he needed to work on, his older sister working herself to even answer the phone but when she could they had nice conversations, Shoto, well he didn't really expect much phone calls from him, his younger brother was known to be the introverted child of the family, rarely talking, Fuyumi luckily made sure Shoto didn't cut himself completely off so she would tell him whenever she could how he is doing, easing Natsuo a little more.

Then he arrived, Natsuo had been convinced his older brother, the the eldest child of the Todoroki family had passed on in a tragic incident, none of the family questioned the validity of such a accusation, never did they bring up his older brother since then. When that day rolled around it was coincidentally his day off, he had made himself some coffee to adjust to the morning when he received a knock on his door, confused he answered it, what if a visitor or a surprise visit from Fuyumi, but no, the man who stood there was a scrawny and definitely heavily tattooed looking guy.

Natsuo can't remember another day he felt so still, so warm.

Ever since Touya or Dabi, as he preferred showed up to his home he felt obligated to care for Dabi, as if those remaining lingering pieces of his guilt was still around, of course - due to Dabi's request he hadn't told Fuyumi about his current guest, only because - well - as Dabi phrased it, "I'm not prepared for a family reunion, not yet at least," it was understandable, of course with such news on the status of their ' presumed deceased brother' she would immediately rush down, leave her post either it be a hospital visit or working in general, with her mourning it is something he would also rather wait on, he doesn't want to cause his sister even more grief in these trying times.