Chapter 1: Not-so-Sweet Home

Being a hero will never be my ambition and will never be who am I in the future. Like yes, it's been cool to save people from danger, your name will be known to the city for fighting evil and restoring justice once and for all. But was that too ambitious for one to think? Saving might be good but the cost on doing that seems too much for me to carry - sacrificing yourself just to save others up until the very last breath of your life should be offered for their lives. I also need some break - not just that ordinary break if I'll be one of them.

Anyways, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ezreal, just a normal citizen in this city full of crimes yet unsolved. There might be plenty of heroes arising and so is villains. The audacity of their will always match with their opposites, making an infinite loop between order and chaos; each of them trying to defend their side by the use of strength and power. And if you cannot defend your side or if you can't choose your side, then expect to be crushed regardless of your societal position. This primordial battle will never cease. The very clash of the two deities resulting in creation. What comes next is series of destruction. An unending battle. And where do I want to choose? Neither. I believe in the existence of chaotic order and orderly chaos. Nothing can be pure by itself. The balance of both makes it true and realistic. Too much order is idealistic and too much chaos is realistic. I might accept the fact that I'll be crushed by both factions but at least I know where I should stand - in between.

At least, that's just my opinion....which may not change.

Anyways, I forgot to introduce myself further. To continue, I'm left under the care of my uncle for my parents were lost for some unknown reasons. Crimes never stop in this era. Robbery, theft, hostage taking, kidnappings, murder - you name it. There's a lot of bad things happening here. The reign of chaos is approaching once more in a slow yet steady pace. It's already a normal day if you encounter one or multiple criminals doing things here. Their will to govern, to take control and to abuse their power is never ending. That may be the same thing that happened to my parents. The last time I saw them was at my fifth birthday but still, I'm thankful to see them even though that may be the last. I have this burning desire for me to find them though I'm not sure where to start. From that day, I know that I should resort to heroes who may bring justice at their loss. I spent countless hours of my childhood buying mangas, reading newspapers, watching the latest news yet those only fueled my passion for being a hero. But to expect that a hero will investigate the case of my parents? To bring the truth about what happened to them? All we received are void promises along with issues and gossips about them. Was being a hero lies only in the name? What's the worth of such if you may save one when you can't save every single person who needs your help? Who expects that someone will be there do them to save them at their darkest moments? Would it always be an expectation with no touch of realism?

Yeah I sound too negative but those facts were simply easier to accept than expecting for something I cannot get. I may wait but I'll never expect for that thing to happen. The concept of heroes lies only in their titles. To make their names reknowned in the city was their primary focus with a tint of doing their duties. But an all out hero? Expect none...unless if you're reading a comic, there will be a lot of them to mention. Sadly that only exist in the realm of imagination created by hero enthusiasts who want to make us remember about them. To pray for a light that will never come.

Will I ever receive an answer to my prayers? I don't know. I don't expect for that to happen. With the loss of my faith to those heroes also made me loss my desire to be a hero. I just want to be a normal person living a normal life. A peaceful one with a pinch of problems. That's an idealistic realism. It sounds too ironic but I'll make it possible in my own story.

Or..I may make that ideals real someday....who knows?

Today marks the start of my vacation. Another time for me to chill, read my favorite manga (it's Star Guardian - a story of a group of normal students chosen by the stars to defend their city against the forces of the void. Hey, I'm not focused at their heroism...or it might be because I'm reading it anyways. It's one among those stories I love since my childhood. But I'm not that much interested of it now to the point that I'll buy it when I got extra. Yeah, I just want to read a book.) and play my favorite game in the arcade station which is luckily a few miles away from my home. And I'll tell you - my uncle might be infuriated at me being complacent in my studies but he will never forget to give some money. The company where he works surely pays him off that well so even though I don't have my parents, I'm still grateful to have him with my side. And those things get more interesting during summer.

Hmm..where should I spend my money for the first day? To the arcade? For that darn mangas? Well of course you know the answer. The books can wait. My urge to feel action and adrenaline rushing in my veins will never cease to exist. I love to feel that especially now that I'm nearing to the high score of Hyper Crystal Dungeon, kinda like your typical running-avoid-this-jump-to-that game but with a twist of fighting. I'm nearing to the final boss - that darn dragon which I'm about to beat.

This will be your last time, dragon. See you later.