Chapter 3: Entrance Exam

As expected, my uncle wasn't infuriated because I have legal reasons to be late. He told me to be more careful next time because I'm the only hope to find my parents. Getting reckless may result in death which of course was none of my plans....at least, for now. Still, I'm convinced. My answers may be acquired if I follow my innate curiosity and inquisitiveness. Maybe he's the hero tasked to find my parents and he's going to tell the truth to me. Or he's just going to enroll me to an academy just like what he said because if this is the case, Ekko will be accepted without any doubt. Anyways regardless of the reason, I'm going because he appealed in a way that I may feel guilt once I didn't go.

It's already few minutes before 12 so I had to go. I told my uncle that it's something urgent related to my studies so he immediately agreed (of course, they will agree. It's about academics so they have to). I wore my classic gaming attire - a t-shirt related about games and shorts. No one told us we should prepare formal attire and so I can choose whichever styles.

I'm only a minute late yet Ekko look at me like I'm a day late. Kennen looked at me as if he's a teacher excited to teach me as his student.

"I gathered you here not because I just want another chit-chat about what happened yesterday but to explore your potential as a hero. Tell your parents you need not to enroll in any universities because I'm the one who's going to enroll you in the Durandal God-Weapon Academy as a faculty of the school. You're lucky to be qualified because every year, heroes just go out and look for someone with potential and I'm supposed to do this tomorrow yet you made my job easier."

Durandal.....God-Weapon.....Academy? Damn that one was no ordinary school. It is the closest in the city to enroll students with potentials to be a hero. I cannot see the reason why am I qualified and I never imagined myself in that school. Sports activities relating to powers, inter-cross academy fights and intensive training to cope up with your desired weapon. That was no ordinary school you can just sleep on and relax. Man I barely passed my studies because of my classmates whom I resort to help me...and this offer came to be? What should I choose? Uncle may not pay for the tuition but what it takes as a student was no joke. But I also want to know more than what I'm reading. I'm still unconvinced to be a hero but I also tell to myself if there's no one who'll be present at all times, then I'll be that one who break the boundaries of being a hero. I'll define it in my own way. And that is my ambition.

Then, some sort of blue portal activated below us and after going through series of loops (and pipes? I dunno), we arrived in our seats, perfectly made for some meeting-ish things. The room was well-ventilated because the window is open. Overlooking at it, a huge academy stretched upon it. While I look at it, I then glanced at Kennen to see him disappear all of a sudden. Ekko was preparing his toys while glancing at those huge books with a great curiosity. I cannot see any placeholders to see what the place is except for the "3rd Principal" title in the table which also holds a very huge book, probably larger than a dictionary with all of the words compiled and a coffee. But I'm surprised to see that no one is sitting in the chair.

"Hello? Kennen?", I said. I just want to ensure that this is a legitimate principal's office.

Someone opened the door. It's Kennen along with umm....a cat and a cigar muncher? What kind of school is this? When did a cat became a part of this academy? And why was it someone who cannot stop smoking managed to enter the faculty of teachers? Was this a ragtag school made for bastard thugs?

"Ah, so this is the one you're talking of, Kennen. I admit, I cannot see anything special at them judging at my first impression. How did you know that these kids were qualified?", the cat (the cat???) asked. This cat is walking like a cat when she walked but the huge book suddenly levitated and flew at her feet, enabling her to move without walking. She is a semi-black cat with a white belly. Her ears were shaded with a tint of green. She looks grumpy which is more highlighted by her round eyeglasses.