Chapter 1

It was a warm December day. Yeah, over here in California, we get inconsistent weather. It may get cold sometimes which is a miracle, other times it's super hot that not even wearing a bikini in your house helps.

By the way, my name is Becky. Becky Gomez that is.

I am currently attending a private school, which is really expensive. But I don't care because I'm working to earn my degree in math. My dream is to be able to teach the next generations how to do algebra 1 & 2. I'm a sophomore and I'm also working part time as a tutor in my old high school. It feels great to be back on my old home, even if it's for a few hours and without the exact same teachers and students that I went with. It still warms me to be walking around a familiar place.

I just finished my semester for the fall and am going to work for a full day. My dad drops me off. "Love you Becky."

"Love you too papi. Bye." I close the door and start to walk my little brother to his class. Yeah, he's a freshman right now, but he's not really "little." He's like several inches taller than me. "Ready for class today?"

"I guess," he wipes his eyes from his lack of sleep.

I nod my head in disappointment. "I told you to stop staying up late to work out."

"Hey, it's my abs that your insulting," he points to his stomach. I laugh a little. It's because he is a goalie for an academy team, so being in shape is really important for the team, and him. But mostly for him.

"Yeah, sure." I drop him off at his class and say bye to him.

"Bye." He goes into class, as I do to my class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, thanks B," a student named Angelica tells me. She needed help on her calculus study guide.

"You're very welcome Angie." We liked giving each other nicknames. The students were super nice with me, as always.

"Becky, ready?" my co-workers, David and Taylor ask.

"Sure, where do you guys head to afterwards?"

"Well, we usually check Mr. Glickman's class for any extra work, but he usually isn't in his class," David explains to me.

"Yeah, we still check anyways, but it's a bummer because he doesn't get his work graded on time," Taylor adds.

"Oh well, you know him. Super disorganized." I tell them and they agree 100% with me.

We walk on over to Ms. Escobar's class and take the work that the first teacher, Mrs. Bright handed to us. We divide the stack of papers with each other and get working. David decides to take out his phone and plays some music.

I didn't mind, as long as it wasn't band music. You know, the kind that they play at Mexican parties, because then I really would not be able to concentrate.

"How was your week, Ms. Escobar?" I ask, cuz she looked like she wanted to speak.

"Oh, it was ok. Just trying to get the grades finished before this triad ends. Nothing much. How about you?" She continues to type on her laptop.

I finish grading an assignment, "Let's just say I'm glad it's over." This was true, especially since it was finals week.

"Aren't we all?" She replies. We all answer of course and finish up the last of our papers.

"Oh, Becky. Before I forget, you're going to have to move to another classroom for first period. It's room... B7. They need an extra tutor."

"Ok Ms. I'll start on Tuesday then."

"Ok, thank you for your cooperation." I smile and continue on with my day. I tagged along with David and Taylor for the rest of the day and got to meet more students. I even saw some who were friends of my brother.

Honestly, I'm so happy to have this job. It doesn't even feel like a job, it feels like a career, my joy, my passion...

_____________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone! Jessica here, I decided to write about a personal experience which is actually occurring right now. As time goes on, I'll continue to right more in the story. Even though this isn't a BTR fanfic, I hope you guys give my story a chance. Anyways, thanks to those who read, vote, comment, and share the story. Love your guy's loyalty