✦.⁺ impassive.

content warning for violence and mentions of blood.

═ ☆. YOU BARELY PAID ATTENTION AT the bonfire.

You plastered on a smile as Trish introduced (y/n) to one student after another, but making good impressions was the last thing on your mind. Your eyes kept straying to Giorno's fair hair over the fire, watching as he laughed easily with Bruno and Mista. You had disappointed him somehow, and not knowing how was infuriating. You had worked so hard these past few days to be perfect, to be a person that Giorno and Trish would fall over yourselves to be with. You kept replaying the moment Giorno had drawn close to you. What had he been expecting? What had he wanted from you?

"Oh, I think you guys have the same major?"

"It's nice to meet you," you said distractedly. The girl asked you a question, but when you didn't answer, she frowned and moved off.

"What's up with you?" Trish asked, tilting her head. "Are you feeling okay? You're not cracking under pressure, are you?"

"No, it's not that. I'm just not used to meeting so many new people." That was true, at least.

"We don't really hang out with everyone here, anyway," Trish said. "They're mutuals of mutuals. Most days, it's just me, Giorno, Bruno and Asswipe—I mean Mista." Trish coughed delicately and coaxed a laugh out of you. Trish grinned.

"So, what do you think of them so far?"

You shot another glance at Giorno. He'd moved back to the makeshift bar, nodding at something the bartender, Prosciutto, was saying.

"Bruno seems friendly enough, and you and Giorno have been nothing but nice to me since we met. I ... I'm not sure if Mista likes me, to be honest."

"Oh? How come?"

You took a moment to answer. You didn't know if Trish would like what Mista had told you, but you might as well find out.

"He said that there are people who try to take advantage of you and Giorno. You, especially. He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do that."

Trish narrowed her eyes in Mista's direction. "He said that?"

"I don't think he meant anything by it," you said quickly.

"He's not wrong," Trish murmured, taking a sip from her vodka. "Giorno and I have met all kinds of people at Sapiena. Most of them are harmless but sometimes ... they can get carried away."

You had a feeling you didn't want to know what Trish meant. Trish offered no further explanation, taking another sip of vodka and muttering about Prosciutto's drinks being terrible. You decided to risk it and ask the question that had been on your mind.

"Trish, can I ask you something?"

"Of course. I can't promise that I'll answer, though." Trish smiled, the firelight casting shadows onto her face.