moment of silence

Warning - Spoilers for Trigger Happy Havoc, Mentions of Murder

Please don't read if this triggers you or you don't want to be spoiled.

As the last baseball struck my head, I barely had time to scream in pain before everything went black. I couldn't feel, say, or hear anything anymore. Before I even had time to react, I hit rough, gravel-like ground. 

What the hell happened?

Did I survive my execution?

Is Monokuma planning something else for me?

These thoughts circled my head before I finally opened my eyes, and the first thing I noticed was all the people here, but they didn't look anything like my classmates.

So..where the fuck am I?!

I take a few deep breaths and pick myself up. I feel something on my face, must have been scars from those stupid balls. Wait, why are those people walking like that? It looks like they're..floating? The hell?

I take a step forward, and I already feel like I'm going to fall, but I don't. It's like I'm walking on marshmallows, not like I'd know how that'd feel, but if I did, it would probably feel like this.

I notice more about my surroundings, it's basically a gothic version of a normal town. There's shops, roads, sidewalks. I actually feel kinda safe here, but I shouldn't get too comfortable.

That's when all the memories of the killing game come flooding in. I think of the looks on everyone's faces when they found out I was the culprit, and I can't even forget the huge burn I had on my lower back from being dragged across the floor to my execution. And..Sayaka. The girl who attacked me, who got me executed, who-

Wait. Is that..?

Standing not so far from me, I spot the blue-haired popstar herself. She had a stab wound in the middle of her stomach from..you know what, and I could notice her broken wrist. But, it also seems like she got here recently, considering the look of shock and confusion written on her face. 

She turns around, and almost immediately makes eye contact with me. 

Shit.

Not knowing what to do, I do the same. There's a moment of silence between the both of us, only the chattering of the passing people filling the air. 

Wait, if Sayaka's here, and so am I, does that mean I'm..dead?

My eyes widen, completely forgetting about everything else while I silently freak out over being dead. 

This is all Sayaka's fault. Well, maybe some of mine too, but that's not the point right now.

"Y-..you," anger laced my words, though my voice was hoarse from the lack of speaking, "..You killed m-me!"

Sayaka didn't bother to say anything, and just looked down in shame. Soon, tears slid their way down her face. 

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly as I ran out of things to say. I wasn't able to, or else I would also start crying, but she couldn't see that. 

I took a deep breath, and started backing away from the sobbing popstar, even if it felt weird. I couldn't stay here. 

When I'm safely away from Sayaka, I fail to process whatever the fuck just happened.