Chapter 2

I walk inside the building and wait.
A woman comes up to me and tells me where to go.

"Okay, thank you." I walk to the back and to the door I was guided to and knock.

An unfamiliar voice calls out. "Yeah?"

I walk in. "Hi, are you Jaida?"

"If this is another pleading. You can shove it up your ass." She scoffs.

"Uh, no! I'm Alana. Social Services sent me." I hesitantly smile.

"Oh, you're one of those girls." She nods

"Yeah..." I smile lightly.

"So, are you on parole?" She looks at me .

"Uh, no." I shake my head.

"You got any problems with a background check?" She looks at me.

"Nope, none at all." I nod.

"We pay 10$ an hour. No more" She looks at me.

"Once your background check clears you can go full time." She looks at me.

"Full time great!" I look at her.

That is good, I could be getting quite a good amount a week.

"Yes, but full time ain't every hour of every day. Our policy is you can't work no more than 5 hours a day." She looks at me.

"Okay, got it." I smile.

Knowing the amount im getting paid is going down.

"And obviously with summer being over and there are Celebrities no longer needing sitters as often every day. I only really have one shift left open. A weekly 3 hour babysitting job for a boyband in LA while they rehearse. You will be taking care of 3 children. One boy and two girls.
Lavender, Felix, and Everest." She nods.

(Pretend that LA and New York aren't as far is they actually are irl. So, well say its only a 2 hour flight)

"Okay, one shift. Got it." I nod seeing my pay check go down more and more.

"Uniforms are 25 bucks and they come out of your first pay check." she places a t-shirt with the name Celeb Sitters. On the back with a name ingraved on the front.

"Uh, okay." I nod.

"This is a trial but you get your own t-shirt because why not" she nods.

"Okay" I nod.

"You got a car?" She looks at me.

"Yes, I do." I nod.

"We provide a flight pass but everything else is on you." She looks at me.

"Yes, I got it." I look at her.

"Okay, can you do 1Pm today? Lemme get you the sheet" She goes under her desk.

"Wait, hold on. I start today?" I look at her.

"Well, yeah. Good news, ain't it, broke girl." She chuckles.

"Yeah... uh I guess so.." I nod.

I grab the work t-shirt and go to the store to get entertainment supplies for little kids and fill my car with some more fuel to get me to the airport.

I begin my drive to the airport and walk inside with my work t-shirt on.
I walk up to the counter and present my pass and im immediately let onto the flight.

I call Harriet to check on Lillia.

"Hello?." She picks up.

"Hey girl, how's it going?" I smile.