Chapter 8

Zach and I have started dating.
We've been on a few dates but Lilli really likes him and she goes on play dates with Everest and Felix often.
They all go to the same daycare  and I can easily attend work.

Soon Lillia and I will be moving in with them.

Harvey knows fondly of the news but he isn't sure about Lilli being around Zach and the other boys.
I've tried to assure him many times that she is happy and safe, but we all know what he's like.
He overreacts.

Harvey and I ended things awhile ago and have been coparenting for a couple of weeks.
Lilli loves the idea of celebrating her birthday twice and having a bunch more presents.

I recently found out that Harvey now has a new girlfriend.
Her name is Lauren.
I don't know too much about her but I hope she treats Lilli well when she is with her father.

I'm currently at work as I receive a phone call from Zach.

"Hello?" I say confused as he never usually calls at this time.

"Hey, babe.
Uh, you need to get to the daycare.
It's important" he says in a panic.

"Is everything okay?
Is Lilli safe?" I say in a panicked voice.

"I'm not sure, im on my way there now"  he nods trying to reassure me.

"I'll make my way there" I sigh a little and quickly gather my things.

I end the call and try to get in contact with the children's parents.

"Hi, im so sorry.
My daughter has had a major accident at her daycare and I need to rush there." I nod.

"No, no its okay! The maid can watch them" she says quickly.

"Thank you, I won't be long" I smile as I end the call

I make sure the children i was caring for are looked after by the maid and hurry out the door making my way to the daycare.

When I arrive, Zach is sat in the nurses room with Lilli in his lap.

"Oh, baby" I rush to her.

"Mommy!" She cries.

I pick her up cradling her.

"It's okay, you're okay" I smile rocking her.

"What happened?" I look at the nurse.

"She has quite a bad bump on the head with another child but I'm sure she'll be okay.
We wanted to call you as she may have a concussion and it is advised that we send them home." She nods.

I look at Zach.

"I have work, I don't think I can take her home this early." I sigh trying to figure out a way to sort it.

"I can take care of her" Zach smiles.

"No, no its okay. Harvey will have to get her early" I nod.

"Are you sure, love?" He looks at me confused.

"Yeah, its his turn to have her today anyway." I nod.

"Thank you" I smile at the nurse and grab Lilli's bag carrying her to my car.

I drive her to Harvey's as I've notified him that were on our way and she's listening to her favourite song.

TO BE CONTINUED

(Word count: 524)