𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE
"Let the conclave begin..."
——

Nova left Clarke's room to take a breather and when she came back Octavia was also coming back

Nova left Clarke's room to take a breather and when she came back Octavia was also coming back. They both stopped on each side of the door and Octavia sighed and went in first making Nova go in second. They both see Clarke looking over Polis.

Nova slowly shuts the door behind her confused on what happened with Lexa. " She told you you could stay, didn't she?" Octavia questions immediately making Clarke turn around still speechless. "What did you say?" Nova questions starting to believe Octavia is right.

"Nothing" Clarke answers with a shrug. "Clarke, we both know that Pike won't obey the blockade. We need to stop him before more of our people get killed" Octavia speaks up.

"What if I could do more for them by just staying here?" Clarke suggests and Nova crosses her arm starting to think that Clarke has to leave in order or save her people. "You can't, Clarke! We don't have time for this! Look. We need you. The kill order goes into effect at dawn. You have an hour to say your goodbyes. If you're not there, you're not the person I thought you were" Octavia says before she walks out the room. Nova looks up at Clarke and slowly steps towards her.

"What should I do?" Clarke asks and Nova sighs. "Leave. You should leave. Octavia's right, they need you and you can't do anything for them by staying here" Nova answers honestly and Clarke sighs.

"Will you go with me? If I leave.. will you go with me?" Clarke asks and Nova opens her mouth to talk but nothing comes out. "I- Yes, If it makes you go and save them. I'll go with you no matter what Lexa has to say about it" Nova says and Clarke nods her head with a smile on her face.

"I'll go tell Lexa" Clarke says walking past Nova but then stops when she gets to the door and walks back over to Nova, grabbing both sides of her face gently and kisses her lips softly and passionately. Nova places her hands on Clarke's arms and sinks into the kiss.

Clarke slowly pulls away from the kiss and smiles. "I love you too" Clarke says making Nova smile and shake her head jokingly. "Go talk to Lexa. I'll be waiting" Nova says and Clarke nods walking out the room.

Nova grabs her weapons and makes sure there secure on her body and makes her way out of the polis tower to meet up with Octavia and was surprised to see Indra.

"Oh, Indra, how are you doing?" Nova asks and Indra nods her head "I'm fine. Where's Clarke?" Indra asks getting straight to the point. Nova looms behind her at the polis tower and sighs "She went to talk to Lexa and tell her she's leaving" Nova answers and Octavia sighs.

"She's not coming" Octavia mumbled and Nova turns her head back to face them. "Don't give up just yet. Let's just wait it out" Nova suggests and Octavia shakes her head. "The blockade starts at dawn we don't have time to wait it out" Octavia says looking around.