PROLOGUE

(Disclaimer: This story contains graphic themes such as violence, gore and language. Reader discretion is advised.)

VOLUME 1 - NEW BEGINNINGS

Fate. Fate is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Although but a concept to some, fate is what drives this universe and many more. Fate has inspired countless moments in this universe, from the most minuscule things to the largest of catastrophes. One of the largest catastrophes was the end of the universe at the hands of Enrico Pucci, when he achieved Heaven. A new universe rose from the remnants of the old, and that one has not concluded its story to this day. However, it seems fate had different plans. Fate knew the outcome of this catastrophe and decided to split the universe in two.

One would become the new universe, and the other would be a perfect copy of the old one. However, it contained one humongous change. Before the destruction of the universe, Jotaro Kujo had two options. He could either save his daughter from death and let Pucci destroy the universe, or kill Pucci and let his daughter die. Either way, the two outcomes would not be preferred ones. As you could have guessed, in the universe where Jotaro saved his daughter, Pucci managed to destroy the universe and a new one took its place. However, a single question can change the state of the universe forever.

What would've happened if Jotaro had killed Pucci instead of saving Jolyne? A minuscule change in retrospect, but a monumental one to their universe. We follow this universe, one where Jotaro saved the lives of billions, but it cost him one life that he never wanted to lose. How does this affect everyone who was alive? Who will join the ensemble cast of people in this universe? What threats could possibly show up after Pucci's demise? All of those questions will be answered when we venture through this universe. Let us see one of fate's paths.

THE JOESTAR FAMILY TREE
Part I - Phantom Blood
The family tree of the Joestar bloodline is a confusing topic, to say the least.
It all started when George Joestar had a child in 1868 with Mary Joestar, the baby was named Jonathan Joestar. Jonathan's parents adopted another child later in his youth, his name was Dio Brando.
After discovering an ancient artifact called the Stone Mask, Dio used it to transform himself into a vampire, which was an ability the Stone Mask had.
Through multiple hard battles, Jonathan had learned the art of the Ripple from Italian Ripple Master William Zeppeli, and used it to finally defeated Dio, or so he thought.
After 'defeating' Dio, Jonathan married his childhood sweetheart Erina Pendleton. However, while she was pregnant with their child, George Joestar II, Erina was victim of a ship incident caused by the very much alive Dio Brando, in an effort to eradicate the Joestar bloodline. Dio had even brought a reinforced coffin for shelter afterwards. His efforts failed however, as Jonathan sacrified himself, holding Dio back, so that Erina could hide in Dio's coffin, along with a baby she was able to save from the wreck. At the incident in 1888, Jonathan Joestar had been killed in the shipwreck. Erina, being the only survivor, had been rescued by a boat from the Canary Islands.
Part II - Battle Tendency
Erina went on to live a quiet life in New York, raising her child, George, who then fell in love with the same baby that Erina had saved in the shipwreck, Elizabeth Joestar. They married and had a child together. George later went on to serve in the British Armed Forces, being killed by a commanding officer who'd been controlled by Dio, unable to succomb due to Dio's death. Elizabeth, upon learning this, lost control of herself, killing the officer. To avoid jail time, she moved to Venice, when in 1920, she sent her newborn child, Joseph Joestar, to live with his grandmother Erina in New York. Joseph had inherited Ripple abilities from his grandfather Jonathan, as well as his mother Elizabeth, who learned it from Ripple Master Straizo.
In 1938 when he was 18, Joseph then worked with William Zeppeli's grandson, Caesar Zeppeli, to defeat the Pillar Men, a growing threat who've recently been awakened from a long slumber. After a long, hard month of training, loss, combat, and victory, Joseph finally defeated the Pillar Men, marrying a servant of his mother, Suzi Q, and having a child, Holly Joestar, in 1942.
Part III - Stardust Crusaders.
The daughter of Englishman Joseph Joestar, Holly Joestar, married a Japanese musician named Sadao Kujo, having a son in 1970 by the name of Jotaro Kujo.
In 1983, Dio Brando re-emerged from his coffin at the shipwreck, having hid in a second compartment obstructed from normal view. He then had a son with a Japanese woman, and named him Haruno Shiobana. Dio, having been decapitated by Jonathan, stole Jonathan's body at the shipwreck, completely unbeknownst to Erina. This is the body he used to have Haruno, therefore he is now related to the Joestar bloodline.
Jotaro Kujo, having awakened a new ability called a Stand, teamed up with his grandfather, Joseph Joestar and a few companions to defeat DIO, who'd placed a curse on Holly Joestar-Kujo that would kill her, had Dio not been defeated in 50 days. Luckily, on the 50th day Jotaro defeated DIO for good, and continued to live his happy life along with  Joseph. Turns out, Holly wasn't the only child Joseph had.
Part IV - Diamond is Unbreakable
In 1983, Joseph had cheated on his wife Suzi Q by having an affair with Japanese woman Tomoko Higashikata. He ended up causing a child, whom Tomoko named Josuke Higashikata. Unknown to everyone before Joseph told Jotaro in 1999, Jotaro, now a marine biologist, traveled to Japan to visit his technically-uncle Josuke and explain to him the details of his ancestry.
Jotaro then teamed up with Josuke to defeat a hand-crazed serial killer named Yoshikage Kira. After many losses and victories, Jotaro finally defeated him alongside Josuke. Josuke went on to continue his high school life, while Joseph, having previously made a surprise visit, adopted a baby whom he found with Josuke on Japan, they named her Shizuka Joestar. Jotaro completed his Master's degree from a thesis he'd written about Starfish, but not long after, he'd sent a colleague by the name of Koichi Hirose to investigate a person living in Italy, possibly connected to the great DIO that he had once defeated.
Part V - Golden Wind.
Koichi investigated the scene in Italy, and the individual that he was searching for, Giorno Giovanna, turned out to be the son of DIO, as he had changed his name from Haruno Shiobana once his hair mysteriously turned blonde when he turned 15. In 2001, Giorno set upon a journey to overtake the local mafia, to solve a child drug intake problem.
After multiple duels, Giorno Giovanna finally became the boss of the Passione mafia, solving the child drug crisis.
Part VI - Stone Ocean
In 2012, the daughter of Jotaro Kujo, Jolyne Cujoh, had been falsely accused of murder and was sentenced to 15 years in Green Dolphin Street Prison. Her father Jotaro had arrived to help her get out, and risked his life in the progress. He was sent to the Speedwagon Foundation for recovery by Jolyne, and a new problem emerged.
Father Enrico Pucci, a priest, had acquaintanced himself with DIO and wanted to set forth a plan to achieve 'Heaven', which was to accelerate time until a new cycle of the universe was achieved.
Jolyne later escaped prison, and unfortunately, was unable to stop Pucci. She was accompanied by Jotaro, who passed away in the process. The priest had been killed by a Stand user companion of Jolyne, Emporio Alniño. Unfortunately for him, due to Pucci's death, the universe collapsed in on itself, causing the end of the universe as a whole, and the end of this bloodline.
The following story is a retelling of events. What would have happened if Jotaro chose to kill Pucci instead of saving Jolyne? This, is that story.