21

real life

it was friday night, party night. i was still feeling bad about what happened with lorenzo, but there wasn't much i could do. to be fair, i had every reason to be angry with his poor choice in girls. he's been my best friend since first year, since we were thirteen and now we're eighteen and everything is falling apart. i tried to text him a couple times but i was met with silence on his end. i didn't know what to do. i fucked up our friendship and now i didn't even want this stupid party to happen, but it was too late. people were already starting to show up. mattheo and i had been hanging out all day. it was a lazy day so we watched a few movies and cuddled on the couch.

"you alright?" mattheo asked me.

"i wish lo was coming," i sighed. "i cant believe that one thing broke everything. it just started as us joking with him and all of the sudden he hates me and left our group chat. i tried to text him a couple times last night and this morning but he didn't respond."

"it'll work itself out. he'll come around and maybe he'll realize soon that he made a mistake. you didn't do anything wrong, lila. you were uncomfortable with her coming and you made that clear. it's not your fault he freaked out on you."

"i don't care about that anymore. i just want my friend back, but he's too busy hating me."

"he doesn't hate you. he's just upset."

right as i was about to speak again, the door swung open and theo walked in, lorenzo and pansy close behind him. "lo?"

"hey."

"look, about yesterday..."

lorenzo cut me off, "don't worry about it. i get it. and i'm sorry. i overreacted," i didn't say anything. i just silently walked across the room and pulled him into the biggest hug i think i've ever given anybody. i watched as pansy rolled her eyes at me. mattheo noticed this too.

a few hours passed and i was growing more and more tipsy. it was nearly one in the morning and everyone was starting to leave. ginny, luna, kate, harry, lorenzo, pansy, theo, and mattheo were all that were left. we sat in a circle in the living room, passing around a blunt theo had pulled out.

"let's play a game," pansy smirked as she took a hit and passed the joint to theo. "truth or dare. hmm," she looked around the circle before her eyes landed on me, "lila. truth or dare."

"truth."

"is it true you fucked fred last week?" my eyes grew wide. who told her that?

"excuse me?"

"what the fuck?" mattheo mumbled.

"you have to answer truthfully..." she smirked again.

"no, it's not true." which was the truth... mostly. we didn't fuck, but he may have kissed me, and i may have kinda, sorta kissed him back for a brief moment before i pushed him off of me. "who told you that?"

"doesn't matter. why are you lying?"

"i'm not. i didn't sleep with fred."

"according to..."

"i don't give a fuck who it's "according to" i didn't sleep with anybody," i was growing angrier.