The Rescuer

Shim Su-ryeon had been happily married to her pianist husband with two twin daughters, Seol-ah and Seok-kyung. 

When the twins were in their middle grade years, their whole family went on a vacation in the U.S. during school break.

One day, the family was enjoying their stay in a luxury cruise ship, with several other wealthy passengers.

Su-ryeon and her family went up to the deck of the ship to lounge. 

"Whoa, the sea is beautiful!" Seok-kyung commented. "Let's take our family picture!"

"Oh! I forgot to bring the Instax camera!" Seol-ah remembered all of a sudden.

"Aish, jamae is so forgetful!" Seok-kyung teased her twin by feigning annoyance. 

"Let's just take photos from our phones then," Su-ryeon said brightly.

They took selfies of their family using their phones.

"I'll get the Instax camera, so we'll have special photos as well," Seol-ah said. She went down to their cabin.

"I'll just go to the restroom," Su-ryeon's husband said and went to the comfort room.

Su-ryeon and Seok-kyung were left to lounge at the reclining chairs on deck.

"This feels surreal, eomma," Seok-kyung told her mother. "Thank you and appa for our beautiful life."

Her eyes lighting up with joy, Su-ryeon smiled and hugged her daughter.

"I couldn't imagine otherwise," Su-ryeon whispered.

"BOOM!" came the sound of a collision.

Unexpectedly, their ship got wrecked. All the passengers on the deck were cast out into the ocean.

"Seol-ah! Husband!" Su-ryeon called out when she and Seok-kyung got safely on a lifeboat afterward.

"Appa! Seol-ah!" Seok-kyung cried out for his father and twin.

Seol-ah and her father was not yet with them at that time. They were not found for hours.

***

When the passengers got rescued and were back on land, the mother and daughter searched for the father and Seol-ah.

"Seol-ah!" they called out.

"Eomma?! Jamae?!" a girl cried out. 

They saw the girl. It was Seol-ah. They all ran toward each other and embraced while crying.

"Seol-ah! Seol-ah! Thank goodness, you're alive!"

"Eomma! Eomma!" Seol-ah cried.

After their tearful reunion, Su-ryeon asked Seol-ah, "How were you rescued?"

"An oppa saved me," Seol-ah answered. She pointed to a young man nearby. 

Su-ryeon and Seok-kyung bowed to the young man who also mirrored the gesture of respect.

"Thank you! Thank you for saving my daughter!" Su-ryeon profusely thanked him. "May I get your name?"

"Logan. Logan Lee."