NoMin #15

Jaemin was Jeno's biggest fan. Yeah, they had been dating for three months but Jeno was also someone Jaemin had admired from years prior. The reason being that the male was an actor and Jaemin was one of the lucky people who got the opportunity to date a celebrity.

And even though Jaemin landed himself a grand opportunity as such, he had the constant fear that Jeno didn't have genuine feelings for him and was just using him as a form of stress relief. Something that he could just have at his disposal at any given time. That was what Jaemin saw himself as.

Jeno always reassured him that it wasn't so and Jaemin pushed away the negative thoughts, wanting to have faith that Jeno was an amazing person who cared deeply about him no matter how far-fetched it could seem.

They constantly went on small dates and Jaemin visited the filming sets whenever he could, always there to cheer on Jeno's acting. He had fun doing so and he only hoped he wasn't a bother to everyone.

Luckily, the cast all loved him and were glad to see someone so cheerful but as time went by, Jeno seemed less and less cheerful to see him arrive.

Jaemin felt as if he had been too clingy and slowed down his visits in an attempt to make Jeno more happy or at least see if he was the cause of the sudden change in attitude.

"Maybe he'd like a dinner date," Jaemin said thoughtfully as he let himself into Jeno's house.

He always did so and Jeno didn't mind, stating he enjoyed finding Jaemin at home after a long day of work.

With the thought of making food in mind, Jaemin cooked all of Jeno's favourite foods and set the table. He was excited to see Jeno's face and tidied himself for when he'd arrive.

Soon enough, he heard the front door open and a tired Jeno walked through, his face brightening when he saw the preparations.

"You did all this for me?!" Jeno asked in surprise.

"Yup! Do you like it?"

"Of course! It's amazing!"

Jaemin felt content within him but something with Jeno's reaction seemed wrong. It felt as if it was unnatural and a tad bit uncheery but he pushed away the thought, blaming it on his insecurities.

The two chatted over wine and before they knew it, they had ended up in bed together but when Jaemin awoke the next morning, Jeno was gone and only a small note that read, "Had to go to work" was left on the bedside.

Jaemin had been feeling a bit uncomfortable with their relationship recently. As if there was something wrong but couldn't put his finger on it. That was when he decided he would visit Jeno as a surprise to see if he could sort out those feelings.

The moment he pushed open the door to the filming set, he suddenly wished he hadn't gone. Mayhaps he would continue believing everything was fine and that he wouldn't be heartbroken.

Without thinking twice, Jaemin spun on his heel, slamming the door closed and storming off. He understood that as an actor Jeno would have to eventually kiss someone else but seeing his boyfriend kiss and actress off set wasn't what he was supposed to see.

He was sure that the male didn't have anywhere in his script that required someone to straddle him and make out.

Without wasting time, Jaemin hard blocked his now ex-boyfriend on every app he could find with tears rolling down his face. He couldn't believe it and he wished he hadn't agreed to date Jeno when he knew he was a nobody compared to the male.

"I can't believe I actually thought he genuinely liked me," Jaemin cried as he walked home. "I'll know if he at least cares somewhat if he tries finding me."

And so with the little bit of hope he had, he waited for Jeno to pop up at his front door within twenty-four hours. But when forty-eight hours passed and then a week, he knew Jeno was just using people and soon enough, he would see the actress heartbroken just as he had been.

There was no use crying over someone that didn't care and Jaemin focused on getting over the male he had once loved so much. 

Sure enough, four months later the actress' name surfaced, stating she had been played by Jeno. Jaemin could only frown at the news and sigh heavily, knowing it would take years until he would be truly happy with someone again.

Everyone was just a game in Jeno's life. And Jaemin wished he hadn't been the toy that got played.