Chpt. 7 | 通常の再会? あれは何でしょう?

{Normal Reunion? What's that?}

𝔸𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕝'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

            ❤️ "Get the first aid kit! On the shelf! Hurry. Hurry!" I run over to the shelf and grab it before wiping the dust off. Splinter coughs and opens his eyes, "Raphael?" ❤️ "I'm here." "You must save your brothers and Akari. Stop Shredder." ❤️ "Why Akari?! She's probably the reason they found us!" He takes a deep breath and continues, ❤️ "How can you trust her? I don't trust her." "It wasn't Akari—It was me... I trusted Sacks. It's all my fault," I mumble while hanging my head low as tears roll down my cheeks. "No, April. It's no ones fault... Especially not Akari's," Splinter emphasizes, looking from me to Raphael. He just looks away making a 'tch' sound.

            I look around at all the damage that was made. 'I can't believe this. Akari and the turtles were captured because of me—It's all my fault.' I'm brought out of my thoughts by a constant beeping noise. I walk over to Donnie's old monitors and move some wires from the screen. "It's some kind of tracker." ❤️ "It's Donatello!" "Go, Raphael." ❤️ "Let's go save my brothers." "And Akari." ❤️ "...And Akari," He grumbles; I smile reassuringly. "We need a ride." Raph nods and tends to Splinter again.

I pull out my phone but the screen is all cracked. With a sigh, I make my way outside to find a pay phone. Once I find one, I call Vern. "O'Neil!" "Look, Vern, I need you to meet me at Cortlandt Alley in 10 minutes, please." "Wait, why?" "I can't talk to you about it on the phone. Just promise you're gonna be there." "What do you mean, you can't talk about...you called..." I quickly hang up and make my way back inside to tell Raph we have a ride.

            "What's with the hat?" "What is with the... I don't know, it's a buddy of mine's. It's just a goof." He takes off the hat and throws it in the van. "What do you want to do? You wanna head downtown?" I roll my eyes as I quickly get into the passenger's seat. "Eric Sacks is working with the head of the Foot Clan. They just kidnapped the vigilante turtles to take them to the Sacks estate. They got Akari too. We need to go. Come on, Vern," I continuously tap the dash, hoping he'll get the hint. "Right, right, right. The turtles. I forgot. This is getting embarrassing. O'Neil, we're both consenting adults. We're both very good-looking. You're better, probably. That's up for debate. But the point is, we don't need to make up excuses to hang out with each other. And who's Akari?" "What?... She's my friend... What are you talking about, Vern?" "You want to spend more time with me. I get it. I would too." I start to get impatient. Vern and I are friends, sure, but he can be a bit clueless at times.

            "We need to get to the Sacks estate right now, Vern. Come on!" "That's what I'm talking about, O'Neil. "The Sacks estate with the vigilante-" ❤️ "Drive!" Raph suddenly bursts in from the back of the van. "You're a talking turtle." ❤️ "Yeah. Yeah, I'm a talking turtle, and you're a human nerd. Now that we got that out of the way, hit it." "I've never been accused of being a nerd before, but... I'm sorry... How did you get in... How did he get in the.."

𝔸𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕚'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

            "Oh, my. Wow. Unbelievable. Let me look at you. I'm a hard guy to impress, but...this is just... Oh, my God. Wow! And we were gonna use rabbits! Can you imagine that? All we were trying to do is create an antidote." 💙 "For what?" "Say that again. I want to hear your voice." 💙 "For what?!" "Wow. Well, uh-" I quietly snicker to myself. "Oh, you're awake. What's so funny?" Sacks looks at me expectantly. I try and keep my head up straight, but I feel like I'm about to pass out...again. "Heh...don't mind me. I wouldn't want to interrupt your special time with Leo," I mutter with a smug smirk on my face. Donnie and Mikey snicker to themselves while Leo looks at me with a small smile. Sacks clears his throat and continues talking.