CHAPTER FOUR

_____

Now, for the next step, to stop my Empress mother from passing the curse to me. Instead, we need to look for a way to make the curse dissapear.

But even if I have Sir Stephen and Crown prince Shawn on my side, I doubt that they'll believe me if I tell them about it. Wanna know why?

That's because magic doesn't exist here. Or more like, mages and sages, even the tiniest bit of magic, long vanished 3,000 years ago. So the curse that striked Roxana made the Emperor surprised and, well, worried that the mages aren't actually extinct but only in hiding.

Yep, there is one. The black-magician and biological father of Lucas.

But if I really don't want my fate of dying to continue on in this world, then I must do anything I can to prevent it from happening! Even if it means I have to face difficulty in persuading the both of them in helping me!

"Alright. I understand."

I blinked my pinkish ruby eyes at Shawn, who eagerly listened to my words and even claimed that he understood. Well, I don't think he's lying.

Even Sir Stephen looks amused at the information I told them. Was it this easy to persuade them? I thought they'll find it suspicious, especially for a child like me, to know about something like a curse.

"Rollie, if you don't mind me asking, where and how did you learn about this?" My brother asked, his red eyes curiously glanced at my smaller form seated on a soft and comfy couch.

He's seated beside me, with Sir Stephen standing behind us. Infront is a rectangular table filled with sweets, meals, and refreshments.

I blinked my eyes, mentally processing what I should reply that will seem logical, plausible, and reasonable enough.

"I just heard it from mom." I said, fidgeting with my fingers. "She said my brother is cursed, and she's very worried that she and my brother might perish. So I want to help mom." I continued, blinking my pitiful eyes at them.

The two of them seems to get struck with my cuteness again. This is a very lethal method!

"Ah, ehem, ofcourse this is a serious matter. So we'll see to it with thorough investigation, princess." Sir Stephen was the first one to regain his composure as he cleared his throat, glancing sideways towards my brother who seems to have malfunctioned at the moment.

I blinked my eyes, unbothered. "It seems brother is thinking deeply about it, Sir Stephen!"

He nodded, awkwardly smiling in response, before the crown prince managed to snap out of his trance. "Wha—Yes. Indeed, I've been thinking about it. We shall investigate it as soon as the banquet is finished."

What?! No, no! If it takes that long, then I'll end up cursed!

"Sir Stephen, we'll have to act discreetly about this—"

"Wait!" I screeched, earning the surprised attention of the two guys who didn't expect me to yell at the top of my lungs. Well what can I do?! I need to clear it up as soon as possible! "You can't!"

Stephen blinked his eyes, confused, yet respectfully questioned. "What do you mean, princess?"

"If you investigate it after this day, the curse will worsen!" I whispered at them, not wanting to attract anymore unwanted attention. "It may sound ridiculous, but mom wants to pass the curse to me!"