039: Moonlight

"Moron"

Hinari widened her eyes as soon as she heard Shikamaru's reply.

Ahh... so they don't believe-

"Of course we'll help you, It's the Hinari herself who asked for assistance so why wouldn't we?" Ino chuckled

Hinari smiled

"Thank you, everyone..." She bowed then stood up.

"I'll sort the groups for this mission." She declared

All stood straight.

"We didn't even have a chance to say..." Kankuro whispered

"Just go with it." Gaara sighed

"a-ah? K-kay..."

After a while, the groups have formed.

Intelligence group: Ino, Temari, Shikamaru, and Neji.

Ino as the spy of the group, Temari and Neji and the protector of the two, and Shikamaru as the brain of the group.

Watcher's group: Shino, Hinata, Naruto.

Shino as the brain, Hinata as the eyes, Naruto as the attacker.

Lurker team: Kiba and Akamaru, Kankuro, Sakura.

Sakura as the brain, Kankuro as attacker, Kiba and Akamaru as the lurkers themself.

Infiltrator group: Sasuke, Hinari, Gaara.

Gaara as the shield, Hinari and Sasuke as attackers and brain.

"now that we're split into groups, remember not to cause something that will make you sense by the shinobi protecting the daimyo. Especially the noisy ones here..." Hinari warned, Naruto gulped.

"We'll keep our communications by Hina's butterfly, but only use it when necessary. We'll be using Hina's own chakra, after all." Shikamaru stated

All nodded and scattered.

The infiltrator group arrived at the cave near the daimyo's mansion.

"With us thinking of plan to enter the daimyo's mansion, we only have 6 days left..." Hinari stated as she removed her cloak, Sasuke lit up the woods stocked up together and sighed.

"It's pathetic to see you like this." He said as Hinari messed her hair before sitting next to him.

"I'm just curious on how that person has my Crystal release.." She replied and looked at the two males who were awkwardly glaring at each other.

"Why'd you team me up with him?" Sasuke asked, barely a whisper only the two could hear.

"Just wanna see if you guys will kill each other, like my entertainment." Hinari smirked

Sasuke scowled. "Just kidding sasuke, It's because I want you two to get along. I'll need your eyes, and his sand too.." She answered truly

"So get along, I need teamwork on this mission." She told him then turned to Gaara.

"We'll be having rest for today, we'll need some rest so you have the watch today." Hinari smiled then laid on the bare ground, Sasuke grabbed her cloak and harshly threw it on her. "You really want to fight with your worst condition don't you? The ground is cold, moron." Sasuke scolded

Hinari giggled and rolled herself to her cloak. "My bad~"

Hinari woke up after five hours, seeing as it's night time. She got up and saw Gaara sitting outside the cave, near the entrance.

She wrapped her cloak to keep her warm then went out to sit with him. "Hey." She softly says, her voice turned to be a bit hoarse after sleeping.

Gaara looked over her and nod in response, acknowledging her presence.

"Nothing's new since you slept five hours ago, you can sleep more." He said, Hinari chuckled and shook her head.

"It's fine" She replied and stared at the moon.

"Beautiful..." she mumbled, Gaara looked over her as she gaze at the crescent moon.

"Is it?" He questioned, that caught the girl's attention.

"It is! It's mesmerizing." Hinari answered as if defending it, not noticing she was leaning forward as she spoke. Gaara was leaning back to avoid being close to her.

He look at her features being illuminated by the moon, her eyes shining and full of determination to defend the moon. Her pouted lips, her puffed cheeks reddened for some reason.

He felt himself feeling some type of emotion he never once felt.

It was the positive butterflies fluttering inside his stomach.

Hinari stared at Gaara, his greenish-blue eyes staring back at her purplish nearly white one, his red hair flowing with the wind making her want to play with it.

She likes his features, it feels like she found her type of guy.

"not sure though..."

She leaned back straight, making him leaned back too next to her.

"Do you think.... I can catch the culprit?" Hinari suddenly spoke, this time, she's not looking at the moon but rather at the view below them.

"I don't have the answer you want me to say, if you're expecting me to comfort you t-"

"It's not that.. It's just... I don't want to disappoint Lady Tsunade. I want to make her proud, I want her to trust me and make me her apprentice and assistant. I don't want to disappoint you guys too... I know some of you still doubted me that I'm not the killer that's why I brought you guys here to prove myself... But if i fail... I don't know.." She babbled out.

"You'll do well, Moron." Sasuke stated as he approached them, glaring at Gaara after they made eye contact.

Hinari smiled. "I wish.." she mumbled before standing up

Sasuke went to her and gave her the food inside the cave. "Tomorrow, we might be found by the smoke created by the fire we set, let's find a new cave to stay in as we watch over." he suggested

Hinari accepted the food and took a bite. "I'll find a new one."

"hn.." Sasuke replied

"That's all?"

"hn."

"Reply at least a bit more like 'okay' or 'alright'!!"

"whatever."

"Yah! Sasuke don't just walk away, duckbutt!"

"Shut up, grapehair."

"Hey! It's not that violet! It's Dark blueish-violet."

"Same difference."

"No-"

"Yes"

"No!"

"Who's there?!"

...

"Shit."